Interview with Ken Corday

The only way I'd buy that Ken Corday watches Days every day, is if he has the Al Czervik Golf Bag.

caddyshackgolfbag.jpg

Well, I never heard of Al Czvervik.......but I can see the golf bag would be pretty handy. I don't know when this interview was given, but perhaps Mr. Corday did not have "current" information at the time.

As to statements.......I seem to remember that anyone who died after September 1 would stay dead! But then, we learn now it wasn't really Aiden who died.......right?

And evidently, some former Days characters, along with the actors who portrayed them, will be showing up for short arc stories. Now I know he only mentioned by name Leann Hunley who plays Anna......but we do know Nancy Wesley is returning, probably with Craig (Chloe's parents), Kim & Shane Donovan, who will be arriving in late Fall. Sonny should be coming the end of this month.

Departing...Lani is already gone, Fynn will be leaving within the next week or two, as will Summer. Theresa is leaving late Fall...I think by Nov. I know it was said Shawn & Belle would be leaving, but perhaps the show has rethought that decision.

The best news in that interview is that Corday confessed they pushed the teen set too much, too soon, so they will be "side story" not the main focus any more.

Yeah, not to burst anyone's bubble, but I think the baby comment was worded craftily enough that perhaps we are to assume it has to do with Nicole directly, but that maybe she is just part of the story instead of the parent of the baby. I don't know... just a feeling I had reading it.

I wonder who the little girl is with Nicole in the main picture? I makes me rethink what I said earlier about Nicole's role in a baby story. Although that girl is definitely no baby!

That is Arianne Zucker's (Nicole) real life daughter Isabella.

I don't have time to read through all the social media posts as I'm traveling but the photos have me curious, especially the cast photo with the cake.

Jen Lilley (Jeannie T) is still airing and was at the party and is not in the cast photo.

Martha Madison (Belle) and Brandon Beemer (Shawn) are still airing and both supposedly fired are in the photo.

Marci Miller (Abigail) has not aired yet and is in the photo.

Leann Hunley (Anna) has not aired yet and is in the photo.

Things that make me go hmmmmmm. Could Belle and Shawn have been rehired and it just hasn't been announced yet? SPECULATION ONLY.

I take everything he says with a grain of salt. I'm not venturing to guess any of this stuff but if Anna is back, then I do hope Carrie and Austin (Patrick Muldoon version) are too. Baby No Name too.

Also, the show CAN and should exist with both Belle/Shawn and Carrie/Austin. Belle and Carrie can open a law practice together.

Days should be sharing the screen time between the younger set and the vets. Days is increasing the 50 plus year old crowd and cutting all the younger actors. The show can't survive with most of their cast being above 50.

Whilst I agree the teen set needs fixing and a bit of a rest, cutting the teen airtime is going to cut even more viewers from the core demographic which will end up with Days getting even lower ratings and then Days will end up cancelled!

Rafe and Hope are also not helping the ratings. Their story has been going since the end of November and the ratings have been plummeting since. There is no chemistry with them yet the show keeps forcing the pairing on to viewers.

It seems like the everyone else will get the blame but the ones who are really at fault for the poor ratings.

The writing and stories on the show are terrible they should have fired Dena Higley months ago. Don't know why she is still there. They got rid of Josh Griffith so why not her as well?

removed comments bashing actors - JS

Last edited by a moderator:
Dena Higley has not been writing for the show for some time, until recently. Meaning she only returned to writing for the show AFTER Josh Griffith was fired. When they first began working together all was fine, they were on the same page, but then they really butted heads, and Dena went on a "leave of absence". All of the deaths, the darkness of scenes, the misery for most characters, the SORASing of the kids, etc. was the work of Josh Griffith. However, he also wrote the descent into mental problems for Abby, etc. In fact, we are still seeing the work of Josh Griffith, as yes, the stand alone episodes were his work as well.

We will not be seeing the work of Dena Higley & Ryan Quan, the co-headwriters replacing Griffith & Milstein until August.....not sure if it will be before or after the Olympic break. And ...yep, there seems to have been editing of what was already filmed that Griffith wrote, scenes cut, maybe very short ones, but done in order to get story in the direction the new writers wanted, or to negate a direction for characters. that would not jibe with whatever will be going on.

As to ages......there is nothing wrong with "over 50" having story, since they did not for so long, but I don't think I would say that Belle, Shawn, Abby, Chad, Philip, Brady, Lucas, Gabi, JJ, Theresa would be considered "over 50".

& Heather, I saw Lani in photos at the party, not sure at this moment if she was in cast photo or not. Cannot make out many of those in it anyway. LOL

Well, I never heard of Al Czvervik.......but I can see the golf bag would be pretty handy. I don't know when this interview was given, but perhaps Mr. Corday did not have "current" information at the time.

Ridiculously :OT: - Poirot, have you never seen "Caddyshack"? If not, I highly recommend it. Hilariously silly movie. :back:

What was with that people are clamoring for Hope and Rafe? He thinks this is his super couple? They are ok but not a dynamic duo. Maybe he misunderstood the mail he is getting and people are saying that they held out "Hope" for better stories and now they have "Rage". He must have thought it was an autocorrect error.

Here is what I would like to say to Mr. Corday

Last edited by a moderator:
Teen audiences increase in the summer but do not carry the show for the year. Since they rapidly aged the teens there is practically no one in HS. The vets are usually shunted aside for the summer. Mix the younger players with the vets because that is the real world. Let them have some guidance other than those of the same age group.

In addition all these new teens are fairly new to soaps and not as seasoned performers. They would do well to be in scenes with and interact with all the generations. Too much of one or the other is boring. But the teens have not been underused. They were just thrown in and told sink or swim.

Except for Theo, this "teen" group acts very immature and petulant. I personally do not care to see that ad nauseum. Someone find a brain and a backbone and teach these young characters some strength. Of course, that would be a lot easier said than done if the writers had not messed up just about every strong, moral character!!!!

Last edited:
I would like to say that I am not anti any particular actors. I would like to see the powers that be give the younger performers a chance to interact with the veterans in scenes. They only have scenes written with adults where they are suddenly moving out of the house, when there was no tension there to precipitate those actions or being bailed out of jail and then sassing their parents.

We see them mainly interacting with other teens who are written just as ineptly. The actors themselves are working as best they can with the material, same as the veterans. We used to see teens who could go to a grandmother or aunt and talk. It didn't have to be a shrink but the writing makes them all look like candidates for Shady Hills. They have been given some pretty advanced stuff to deal with and the writers don't put them in scenes with characters who can lead them.

They don't even go to Salem University anymore. I think Paige is the last one who had a purpose. However, when she was projected as a character, it made it sound like she had a music background and would be pursuing that. Instead she wanted to be a doctor interested in a troubled boy who played his guitar in his living room and sometimes a gathering area (student union).

They never pursued JJ as a singer and that is sad. There was major potential there. Instead we have Claire who is pouting because nothing has happened since her viral YouTube. Can anyone remember Rebecca Black and how that went viral. It's silly to think YouTube is the barometer for the music world. You need to get on the charts and then people look for you on YouTube later.

Music has been often used on Days - we had: Doug, Eve (first go round), Liz (with Al Jarreau), JJ for a while. Those people were highlighted. There were songs associated (Theme songs) with characters. Poor Claire is waiting for YouTube to make her a star. It's like Sami becoming a CEO, Brady, Lucas, etc. No one had much if any college.

While college isn't for everyone no one in Salem goes to college and half don't graduate High School. I guess most of the writers are in the same boat. They have been given jobs to write for a major Soap and they are clueless.

& Heather, I saw Lani in photos at the party, not sure at this moment if she was in cast photo or not. Cannot make out many of those in it anyway. LOL

She was but Jen Lilley (Jeannie T) was not however, she was in a later photo. I'm actually wondering if Lani may be back as well. If she was a Dena Higley creation, I could see that happening.

Its like with the Philip thing - a record label arm of Titan with him running it makes sense to me. We have Claire, Chloe, and we are getting Eve back, all of who are involved in music. JJ also has a music background, though its not his career. Its a good career move which would involve a bunch of other characters, but because its part of Titan there's also family drama as Philip buts heads with Victor/Deimos or even Brady and Justin, and the usual corporate drama. Ditching Philip makes no sense to me.

Its the same with ditching Belle, Salem actually needs two competing lawyers. Having Aidan be the questionable/slightly shady lawyer and Belle being the upstanding one means there's more drama. If the ditch Belle, then who will the good folk of Salem use for their legal woes? Legal dramas only work if there's more than one lawyer.

Actually, we have a lot of talent in the cast, as Brady, Justin, Theresa all sing, Deimos obviously plays piano, I agree about needing a familiar face as legal counsel for various problems that could come up for Salemites.

I actually didn't realize Peter Reckell (Bo) sings as well. I read it in that article announcing his new Off Broadway show in September. Although he could have learned just for the show. Melissa Gilbert did that a while back when she was in the Little House Musical.

As for lawyers, I think it could work with Belle and Carrie as well. They can create drama either by having them share a law practice or having them focus on opposite sides of cases or both. Though I have to say I liked Carrie better when she was working in public relations. But I guess Jen and Abby do that now.

Back