Interview with new writers & more

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The newest issue of the SOD mag has a lot of Days info in it, including interview with Higley & Quan, the new headwriters, who talk about what they want to do with Days, and what is in store...just general terms.

I know some members here get the mag, or get it digitally, so I do hope they will jump in here and help out. I saw some short spurts of things on twitter.....found them intriguing, so wanted to pass them on.

The deplorable trio gets in the Johnson home, where Kayla is sleeping on the sofa, she awakens, there they are. Joey comes back in the house (he went outside I guess to call Jade) he is grabbed, they are tied up and gagged.
CsVR4PnVYAEHIZK.jpg

Steve had gone to get a prescription filled for Kayla, leaving Hope there, but because Joey was there, Hope goes to check on Caroline, thus the two are alone. Steve comes back, there seems to be a confrontation, he gets shot, Kayla thinks he is dead, the trio take off with Joey, Steve is wearing bullet proof vest, is o.k.

Quan says he wants the show to feel like it did when he was growing up-mix of mystery, romance, adventure & fun. (he's watched for 30 years, worked for Days for 10, knows lots of history). Higley says they don't want to shy away from conflict, but in the end, want love conquering all. When asked who needed focus and story.....Quan said JJ &Gabi; And Paul. Higley said Sonny needs to be fleshed out and for Steve & Kayla to be a "tent pole".

Now I am unsure what the latter means, but think perhaps that they are the couple holding up the rest of the stories, involved in them, helping out in them, but are together, the anchor.

Quan loves characters like Hope, Marlena, Jennifer, thinks the show gets into trouble when it strays away from the Bradys, Hortons, DiMeras. Quan likes umbrella stories like Maison Blanche, Aremid, where all the cast is involved. Higley says show is missing themes like love/sacrifice/courage/hope
that love conquers all

Both feel that some humor should be in with the adventures, claim that the story about who killed Stefano is told in a super fun way, and that they are trying to not bring in new characters, but fill those spots with familiar faces & names......(this means short story arcs, but with characters we know and care about who come, leave, and then someone else comes. )

They also want to tell a super realistic cancer story, in a way that has never been done before.

That is about all I have from that.......anyone who can add......jump in here.

Higley said Sonny needs to be fleshed out
I don't know what this means, unless it's this stupid idea of him being a Kiriakis "by legal or illegal means." Ick. Prior to leaving, he was one of the few 3-dimensional characters on the show.
(this means short story arcs, but with characters we know and care about who come, leave, and then someone else comes. )
This is a terrific idea.

I wonder how long they'll get to try their ideas.

So the villains start working together. This could get interesting. I hope Joey will be ok. He's been through quite a lot since his SORAS and now he's kidnapped. Yikes.

As to the new writers....can I first say THANK YOU for allowing the writers to give an interview!?!?! Good grief, it's always Ken Corday giving these interviews so it's nice to see the writers give their take on things and offer up their ideas and explain their point of view. I hope they can keep up the interest of the viewers. I still maintain that until they fix the tape to air schedule they will always find themselves in a bad place at some point, probably sooner rather than later. After all, it was only a year ago that the stories with Bo and the necktie killer were heating up and the show was great. It took a nosedive from January 1st on. The show is probably taping into March already so time will tell.

Back