Is Paul John's son?

sway

Reaction score
I have been reading on another site people talking about the possibility that John is Paul's father. This is after the meeting of them in the square today. They also pointed out if he is the father the connections between Paul with Will and Sonny. John being step grandfather to Will and that he was married to Isabella a Kiriakis connected to Sonny, however not blood related to either of them. And Paul would be a brother to Brady if this is true. What do you think? I am not sure.

This was already suggested in another thread here, and ....with all the jobs John has had to do while under Stefano's mind control, with memory erased, hynotized, it is a possibility, I guess. It would account for Paul's mother's reluctance to come to Salem. However, if this is so......John has no idea, none whatsoever.

All I know is nothing in Salem is coincidental. As I watched that scene today, I said to myself how long before Paul is revealed as John's son.

However, I'm still not opposed to the idea that he is Stefano's son. Could work either way.

I don't see any "step" relationships at all. And if there were, they were unknown, and really do not matter.
And, as has been emphatically pointed out....if people are not related by blood there is absolutely nothing wrong with them being together, whether dating, having an affair, or marriage.

I was getting worried when folks were speculating that Lucas was Paul's father, via some woman he'd known in Asia...which would have made Paul and Will half brothers. That timeline doesn't work at all (not that it matters to the writers much) but I'd much rather see Paul as John's son.

Another previously unknown child in Salem?? If this is true, perhaps John and Stefano could have a drink together, reminisce about the days of "The Pawn," and compare notes on what it's like to have a new child pop up out of nowhere. The Love Doctor could join the party and chime in on what it's like to learn that you have a new daughter who acts like a three-year-old. The happy threesome could than discuss the relative merits of having an underhanded schemer, a sore-armed pitcher, or a modern-day version of Betty Boop as newly-discovered adult children.

Incest is pretty much taboo on the soaps (except Passions) so they'd have never had Paul turn out to be Lucas' child.

Taboo is prohibited, not spoken of or done. Dynasty did an incest story between cousins. General Hospital did too, not long ago with Michael & KiKi thinking they were cousins after they slept together for a while until the truth came out they weren't. Days did it with Kimberly molested by her blood Uncle Eric (molested but by incest) & pushed the envelope with Lucas & Cassie as well as Marie & Tommy. Soaps in other countries have full fledged incest stories, EastEnders, Coronation Street, Hollyoaks (to name a few) so it isn't taboo. There's no hush hush about it on the soaps whether crossing the line or pushing it to the line.

I think Paul is another DiMera. I don't see why his mother would show that fear of John but can see it with Stefano.

I was talking about daytime soaps in the United States. Nighttime has a lot more leeway. And rape is a whole different situation, it's not between consenting adults. Rapes between family members have happened on the soaps since the beginning of broadcast history.

Rapes can be incestuous too. :) Rape is about the act. Incest has to do with the persons involved & doesn't have to be consenting. A sexual act between two biologically related people is incest, consensual or not. My point is that it is not taboo as often as it is said it is, even in Daytime. GH is a prime example if solely talking about Daytime US soaps. :)

Back