Jennifer is doing the wrong thing.

lonewriter

Reaction score
This whole custody lawsuit is such a load of garbage. I hope she loses the case but since she is a Horton and he is a Dimera, he will lose custody even though she is a drug addict and Chad did nothing wrong.

Jen Jen and her son JJ really tick me off. JJ is the perfect cop for Salem P.D. He's dumb as a box of rocks. I hope for Chad's sake, Andre does something sneaky like drug Jennifer on the day she testifies.

Or just compels her to be drug tested, as I am sure she will not kick the habit on her own and deserves to hit rock bottom.

That is why Julie & Doug moved in. Julie already helped Jen resist temptation once.

Am betting that we won't be hearing much about Jennifer and her addiction any more, since the one who penned that story is gone.

This whole custody lawsuit is such a load of garbage. I hope she loses the case but since she is a Horton and he is a Dimera, he will lose custody even though she is a drug addict and Chad did nothing wrong.
Pill-popping Jenny's lawsuit smells as bad as the dumpsters behind the Brady Pub or the Salem Fish Market during a sanitation workers' strike. Third parties such as grandparents can only prevail in a custody battle if they can demonstrate that the biological parent is "unfit." Up to now, there isn't a shred of evidence that Chad is anything but a caring, dedicated father. And being a DiMera cuts both ways in Salem. In Chad's case, it's a plus because as everyone knows, the DiMeras own the Salem judiciary. (Right, Judge Fitzpatrick.) The only plus to this plot would be if after the judge immediately tosses Jenny's suit, she starts ranting in the courtroom, and then gets tossed in Roman's jail for contempt of court.

Last edited:
I do agree that Jennifer is wrong in her assumptions about Chad and that he is a wonderful, loving father for Thomas. However, since Abigail went to Shady Hills and has now disappeared, Chad's entire thought process has been about Abigail and now finding her. Thomas has not been on his mind a lot and he has hired a teenager to take care of him and has not been there emotionally for Thomas. Ciara is not just helping out with Thomas, she has been his sole caretaker. Chad needs to learn to step it up and be a parent to his son during Abigail's absence.

In the meantime, I would like Chad and Jennifer to get over their differences and work together for Thomas's best interest. As Thomas's grandmother, Jennifer is in a better position to take care of him than a troubled teenager who needs to focus on her own life. Jennifer could also help Chad out so that he can learn to be a parent to his son without Thomas being neglected emotionally.

Jennifer has not learned how to be a mother of adult children. Instead of joining Chad in the search for Abigail, all she can say is "my baby." Really??!!! :whack: Wanting custody of Thomas will never happen for her. Especially because her irrational behavior is still her getting over her opiod dependency. Wake-up, Jennifer, and trust your son-in-law. The writers have really made a mess of the character Jennifer.:fan: ShaSha

@ShaSha I agree with you that the writers have messed up all things Jennifer but I'm NOT a Jennifer fan no matter what hat she's wearing. However, I'm betting we're all on the same page that they've messed up DOOL no matter what segment is on screen.

Are we, the fans, the followers, the very audience they depend on for positive ratings still to believe these are considered a PROFESSIONAL writing team? Such a pity.

Last edited:
Doug gave her the idea without thinking about her pill popping.

I think the SOD spoiler was exaggerated because all Jen did was take Thomas to the park. And we never even saw that. We just saw her watching him when Chad woke up from his nightmare.

I'm somewhat looking forward to this storyline. It's different for a change and it's not s standard custody battle by any means. I am still shocked that Chad hires Belle though. Will Jennifer hire Aiden? That actually could be interesting because it may cause tension between Jen-Hope and Belle-Shawn. Especially if Jen falls for Aiden.

This all could have worked so much better if Jen would have told Chad "Go, find Abby. I'll watch Thomas" and Doug & Julie reassure Chad they'd be there as well, then have Chad go join the search for his wife (it's insane that he's sitting at home!!) while Jennifer bonds with Thomas & views him as another reason to remain clean & sober.

It's all just such a jumbled mess right now.

Never said all women need a man, however in this case I feel Jen does. Plus it's been proven when certain mothers have a man in their life, they stay out of their adult children's lives. A good reference to this is Hope and Kate for certain.

Back