Jennifer, Jennifer, Jennifer

denela11

Reaction score
Could this character be any more misguided?

She has become the queen of all mothers who enable a son's bad behaviors. That part of the Eve/JJ storyline has to be one of the worst turns ever for this character. A mother walks in on her son and a woman engaging in sex - and rather than doing what any NORMAL mother would do, which is turn and run away in sheer horror, she runs and jumps in bed, which was inappropriate in every possible way.

And once Eve leaves, Jennifer is sitting on the bed (eww) comforting the poor innocent son who couldn't possibly be to blame for anything. And then rather than continue to admonish him and sternly make him understand that not only should he forget Paige but it would be wrong (and gross) for them to ever be together again - she plays matchmaker to get them back together with no concern about who might be hurt - because all that matters is protecting and enabling JJ.

I don't care how much someone loves their son or daughter - that kind of "mothering" is just wrong. If I was an actress playing a role like that, I'd have to tell the writers nope, you're turning me into a character with the IQ of a brick - and I'm not gonna do it! :)

Another recent example of Jennifer's lack of nerve/character: She goes into Marlena's office, actually with the intent of telling her that she caught Eve on the computer - but when Marlena said she couldn't discuss a patient, Jennifer tries to tell her and then Marlena looks down and clears her throat . . . and Jennifer gets that 'meek look with wrinkled brow' that is oh-so-Jennifer . . . and she backs down.

Ok, I know that was necessary for where the storyline is going . . . lol . . . but c'mon, this character has become just too meek and dumb and misguided to garner any support and compassion.

To be fair, Jennifer was horrified with what JJ had done with Eve. But yes, I agree with you on everything else, and would've loved to see a stronger reaction coming out of her towards JJ.

deleted unnecessary quote - no need to quote the post that is directly above your own post - JS

Oh yes she was horrified, I agree. But I simply cannot imagine any woman doing what she did, omg, it was just inappropriate and really creepy. I just think any mother would have wanted to get out of that room as fast as possible. And what makes this storyline even worse is that although JJ is really young, the fact is - he's an adult - but she's treating him like he's a victimized child.

But those writers LOVED that kind of twisted story. They have managed to wreak havoc with nearly EVERY Days character,& Jennifer was ruined long before this all came up with JJ/Eve.
Right now, she admits she did not handle things right at all. Too little, too late.
And JJ knows exactly what he did, makes no excuses, takes responsibility. The upshot was that despite his "great love" for Paige, he had sex with her mother....and more than once which was the deal breaker. At least he realizes and accepts what he did, which Eve refuses to do. She is busy blaming Jennifer for some reason. LOL Pretty good, when you have an ongoing affair with your daughter's boyfriend, and when it gets exposed, blame the boyfriend's mother.

Yes, Jen should have blurted out about Eve & the computer, no matter WHAT Marlena said/did. Eve being on that computer had NOTHING to do with being treated, and she was NOT going to be treated by Marlena. It was very strange.

which Eve refuses to do. She is busy blaming Jennifer for some reason.

I think Eve does somewhat get it about what she did. But at this point she feels that Jenn should have just let sleeping dogs lie when JJ and Paige were done and JJ knew he blew it and could never get back with her because of what he did. Had Jenn not blackmailed Eve into being quiet and telling JJ he "deserved" another chance he wouldn't have pursued Paige and she wouldn't have been put in the position of opening her heart back up to him and having it crushed even harder. I suspect Eve will become more relentless as she sees Paige become something other than the nice girl on her way to Stanford.

Eve has a bit of a point. Jennifer's lies were terrible because she was basically using her son's love for Paige as an excuse for her to enjoy lording her newfound power over Eve as revenge for being tormented for so long. Furthermore, she had many chances to reveal the truth and take Daniel's advice, just as JJ did, but she deluded herself into thinking that nobody would find out, and that it was all Eve's fault, a la "she slept with JJ to get back at me".

Jennifer's blackmail of Eve was to tell her to stay away from her son, & her....or she would tell Paige everything. Eve did not want her daughter finding out, and she agreed.
The blackmail was for Eve to stay away from JJ, Jen, her family. We all know how often Eve would come over to give either Jen or JJ a hard time, the house, the office, the public square.
It was NOT for Eve to "keep quiet" as Eve would never tell her daughter herself, nor want her to find out.

The stupid thing was that having Paige find out would end things for JJ so it really wasn't much of a threat. But Jenn did enjoy lording over Eve and didn't care how it would hurt Paige if it came out just so her little angel JJ could be happy and Eve would suffer knowing her daughter was with a guy that boinked her mother repeatedly.

And it was for Eve to keep quiet as well as stay away from the Deveraux clan. Eve had gotten to the end of her rope and did tell JJ she would tell Paige if he didn't stay away from her. But then Jenn felt that Eve had more to lose so she made the I will tell blackmail threat and Eve knew she no longer had control of the situation. It was the most nonsensical blackmail ever because none of them wanted it to come out because everyone would have gotten hurt by it.

And through it all Paige's relationship is going to ruin her future and Stanford college plans just as Eve had predicted as well as proving that JJ is the dog Eve always said he was.

I hated that Eve never called Jen on her bluff. Her son got to bed Paige as long as that secret stayed quiet so he benefited the most.

I thought Jen was finally tired of JJ pity party he was throwing himself but then she caved to the "Bur Jake" ... so close. Her parenting is always so off with him.

I wondered that myself, but since I've been an off and on watcher of Days since the 70s, I thought maybe it was a reference to something I don't know about but others do.

Back