Just Disappeared..........

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Usually, when a character is being written out, we learn their fate.....they die, go to jail, move out of town. But then there are those who seemingly just vanish......we guess they probably are still in town somewhere, but who knows?

For instance...Dr. Neil Curtis went on rounds at the hospital......never to be seen again. Father Francis was in a coma, same time, as was Jan Spears. Are they still wasting away in some back room there at Salem Hospital?

Don Craig left to mail a letter, Nathan walked upstairs, happy he got a scholarship or something in Boston.....(but he did not leave the house, he went upstairs).

Tad was managing the Club, bartending there.......but he sure has not been there for some time, even before Sonny sold the place. Here today, gone tomorrow.

Who else has vanished with no explanation?

Stephanie's absence was initially totally unexplained. YEARS later (when they re-visited Parker's paternity) they mentioned she'd moved out of town.

Speaking of Johnson family members, Steve and Kayla also vanished without a trace back in '07 or so. Talk about a slap in the face to fans like me, who returned to Days because of their return.

[Meanwhile in a parallel universe and parallel Salem, JasonBíMute posts:]
Whatever happened to that talented and monogamous surgeon, Dr Daniel Jones, I think? Big character investment for such a few appearances, and one day, he's gone. He and Nicole had some chemistry, too.

I have a question. I got Roku now (Sling TV). On cable, Days and the Today Show, stuff like that was easy. Now it's a jungle. And when I get NBC or NBC News, all I get is taped shows from past days. Do any of you have Roku?

Last edited by a moderator:
NBC is very "copyright" happy. Contact the Roku people perhaps???

Have been trying to remember who else disappeared without a word......and actually, Caroline Brady fits that category. Yes, the show has said she is upstairs sick, in the kitchen, and now out in CA with Kim. But she really did just vanish.

I have a question. I got Roku now (Sling TV). On cable, Days and the Today Show, stuff like that was easy. Now it's a jungle. And when I get NBC or NBC News, all I get is taped shows from past days. Do any of you have Roku?

I have Roku, but I don't use Sling at all.

Go through the available apps on ROKU. Look for "NBC" and "NBC News".

The "NBC" app has the Today Show and each Days episode available for 4 days following the day they aired. (I watched last Wednesday's Days episode yesterday before it expired.)

You can only get the previously aired short taped news segments on the "NBC News" app. The same goes for CBS News, ABC News, and Fox News.

Thanks for the info. They always say it's a better deal until you find out the main thing you want to see isn't on it when you want to see it. Live at that exact time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Summer did leave town for Vegas, but Brady & Theresa tracked her down, thinking she had kidnapped Tate. She denied it, had received a note demanding she do so, but would not do it, said it was probably Victor. Brady & Theresa wanted to take her back to Salem, but she threatened to kill herself if they tried. No idea where she is.

And then there is Maxine, that no-nonsense head nurse, who just was not there any more.

Mary, the cook at DiMansion, who just no longer is even mentioned.

How about Hattie? Was she ever exonerated? Or is she still residing in prison?

And just an aside......but Maggie did not give birth to Daniel, never knew he existed until he was in his 40s. She doted and still dotes on her saint of an egg baby, but the child she did carry and give birth to, the one she gave away, but finally met & got to know again last year.....Nope, not a murmur, not a word, not a thought. (The story was lousy, and forgettable, admittedly, but it sure is hard to see and hear Maggie go on about Daniel, and his off spring)

Honestly I'd be fine with one more line about Summer: "Turns out I never had a baby, I was knocked out for a hangnail operation, so Summer was just a grifter." She can then promptly never be mentioned again.

Can we count Joseph and Victor, Adrienne and Justin's sons, as among the inexplicably gone? They're barely mentioned except collectively as "the boys." The only "boy" who's been name-dropped is Alex dating as far back as Sonny's adult début.

I think the twins have been mentioned by name once or twice since grown-up Sonny came to Salem.

I can't recall an instance, although if it was just an Adrienne/Justin scene, I may have missed it. Sonny almost always mentions his "brothers" but went to visit "Alex" in Phoenix after Will cheated on him. I'd be happy to be wrong, though, they should more frequently mention other family members.

It was only once or twice. Can't remember if it was Justin/Adrienne or Sonny who called them by name.

Not sure this answers the question, but is Jan still in a coma or did they resolve that?

Back