Kassie DePaiva (Eve) illness

Soaphead

Reaction score
http://www.kassiedepaiva.com/
A paragraph from her website. Link has the rest

(August 25, 2016) I know that I have been quiet lately and I want to let you know what's been going on in my life. I was asked back to play Eve on Days and had begun my exciting return. During the 3 week July hiatus I was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia and have spent 6 of the last 9 weeks in the hospital. I will continue treatment over the next 3 months. My prognosis is good, I will not likely need a stem cell/bone marrow transplant, and we expect a complete cure. I consider this just a bump in the road. I have amazing prayer warriors, family, and friends that have been extremely supportive and life affirming throughout this.

My prayers to her.

She says, in the blog, that "although she is not camera ready now"........so it seems that she is not filming, but is sure she will be back after her treatment period ends.

God Bless.

I had AML in 1985 and here it is 2016 and I'm still going strong. Although I spent 16 weeks in the hospital and one year away from work, medicine has changed and progressed since then. My prayers and best wishes to Kassie (Eve).

Now that it's been moved, I too was surprised to read she may have been back more permanently. I hope they explore something with Eve, Eduardo and Justin. It will also be interesting to see if she interacts with Chloe and Claire.

While I felt this item DID properly belong on the Front Page, since the discussion moved to something said within the blog, on it's own website, yes, Crystal Ball. (although another thread could have been started there about this)

And yes, I also did not realize that Kassie was returning for a longer period of time originally. Also, she refers to the 3 week July hiatus.........did not realize that either. So the show shut down for 3 weeks, then came back to film while Olympics was being shown. Shaking my head, wish I knew the why. Hmm.
So...the new writers had to write her out, write out John, and write out Jen Lilley (who plays Theresa).
Plus, write in the jail breakers......wonder how long they will be around??

Kassie seems very positive, so she definitely is on the recovery road, thank goodness.

The doctor I work for was diagnosed with leukemia last year. He shut his practice in the beginning of July 2015 and is back and working as of February of 2016. And he is much older than Kassie DePaiva (Eve) and he seems to be doing very well, just slowed down his work schedule a bit. Thoughts and prayers for her.

In re: that Days writer, Tyler Topits above.......that is the fellow whose name was taken to be used as the disease Caroline had......Topits...not Alzheimers. (was an inside joke).

That was really nice of him to jump in to wish Kassie well, and a speedy recovery.

Back