Kate and Kristen

oldsoapie

Reaction score
Kate and Kristen are both cougars but Kate (Lauren Koslow, age 61) always looks great. Although I don't always love the clothes the wardrobe folks put on her she is always very classy and sophisticated. Her hair style is always flattering (with the exception of the blue chunk). I think she is just absolutely beautiful.

Now, Kristen.....(Eileen Davidson, age 55) is also very pretty, but wardrobe pours her into dresses that are way too tight and too short for 55. She ends up looking like an outdated streetwalker and she is entirely too pretty for
that. She actually looks older than Kate to me.

Your thoughts??

Lauren Koslow (Kate) is 6 years older than Eileen Davidson, but both are in terrific shape, have great figures, are beautiful women. I will agree that Kate usually looks pretty classy, though I do have a problem with her huge clunky jewelry, which at times, is distracting from her overall look. (Ever notice Kristen is always wearing some gigantic ring that practically covers her entire finger?)

So far, Kristen's attire is really inappropriate for anything she has been doing. Kidnapping a guy? Engaging in a physical altercation with him? Hiding out in a laundry truck? A court appearance? If they did not bring her a change of clothes, why wasn't she is the orange jump suit or whatever jail attire is current.

Wardrobe DOES seem very intent on pouring the actresses into too small clothing, unless maybe they ran into a big bargain sale on clothing made of stretch material or something. Too tight and too short for what the characters are supposed to be doing.

I think the difference is that Kate is a mother and grandmother and a successful businesswoman. Kristen isn't a mother, is a rich kid, has a totally different personality than Kate. Kate is deliberate and careful in her planning and execution, and plays it off when she gets caught. Kristen is sloppy, impulsive, and goes off the deep end when she gets caught. I think wardrobe is dressing partially to their personality.

I think Kristen looks great although if I were going to kidnap someone I wouldn't do it in a couture leather outfit. Personally I don't mind how they dress and the only time the colour chunk ever bothered me was when I thought my TV was on the fritz!!

One of my coworkers once complained that Enrique Iglesias made good music, but was always taking his shirt off--I said if I had his body, I'd be doing shirtless speech therapy. LOL. Generally, I say, if you have the body, rock it. (With the exception of Ben, whose entire characterisation is as a shirtless hunk.)

I have no complaints regarding wardrobe for Lauren Koslow (Kate) or Eileen Davidson (Kristen). They both look ridiculously good, and I agree with Whiz; they're dressing them (especially Kristen) to reflect somewhat on their characters. Remember when Kristen first came back and was all about mending fences? She looked more proper, in 3-piece outfits. Then once the bad in her started coming out, she began shedding clothing.

I honestly think TPTB want us to believe Kristen is in her 40s or at least late 40s. It's a little harder with Kate because she has grown children. Let's add Kassie Depaiva (Eve) who is 52 to the mix as well. She gets the same treatment and overused screen time as the other 2.

But Deidre Hall (Marlena) is not much older than them yet she always looks matronly and age appropriate. Why is that?

I think most of the time, Kate wears nice clothing. Her jewelry amount is sometimes bad but she seems to have toned it down overall.

Kristen and Eve are similar to me in terms of style, and personality in some ways. Both are conniving and mean (but obviously Eve isn't as bad as Kristen). They both tend to wear these clothes that make them look like they belong on Bourbon Street at 1:00 AM! Way too tight, ugly (bright colors much of the time), short for their age.

I blame the clothing department. Sami and Jennifer are almost always horribly dressed, and Abby is getting that way too. Eric also dresses like a college student, and while Daniel has a pretty good wardrobe, it looks like he wears the same outfit everyday. I think the best/most realistic outfits on the soap are worn by Rafe, JJ, Jordan and Paige. Maybe also Nicole and Theresa.

Back