Last year for DOOL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Designing Woman

Reaction score
Just heard on Inside Edition that this may be the last year for Days. NBC needs room for Megan Kelley's new show. Just what we need... another talk show. According to Inside Edition Days' actors have been told that this will probably be the last year for DOOL. :cry:

Yep, it is definitely SPECULATION........and ABSOLUTELY Days fans should let NBC know how they feel about the rumors.

Let me just say this. We all know that in the past, networks have cancelled some soaps for talk shows, news shows, game shows, the ones less expensive to maintain. But the networks OWNED those soaps.
In this case, Corday owns the show, not NBC. That does not mean that NBC could not renew it's contract with Corday........which would mean the lost of huge income for Corday.

Right now, the concentration has to be on NBC & Sony. I do not think any news show with ANYONE would be able to inherit the Days audience.........or even attract news junkies. The news is morning.
Decisions have yet to be made. But definitely, Heather is right...let NBC know how you feel.

If the actors were told, they have been very quiet about it They are on vacation
until Jan 16 unless they were told before they left.

I don't think anyone has been told anything. If anything, based on Greg Meng's sudden tweet today and actors retweeting him, I'd speculate the show is safe for at least 1 more year. Still tell NBC how you feel though.

I'm guessing that NBC may have signed Megyn Kelly without a plan in order to prevent her from going elsewhere. Now there are probably internal discussions going on to figure out what to do with her and that's how this speculation is starting. I still think the best fit for her is going to be the 3rd or 4th hour of Today.

Rumors and speculation will abound until the new schedule us announced. Definitely a good idea to make our voices heard about Days at renewal time.

I don't think anyone has been told anything. If anything, based on Greg Meng's sudden tweet today and actors retweeting him, I'd speculate the show is safe for at least 1 more year. Still tell NBC how you feel though.

I'm guessing that NBC may have signed Megyn Kelly without a plan in order to prevent her from going elsewhere. Now there are probably internal discussions going on to figure out what to do with her and that's how this speculation is starting. I still think the best fit for her is going to be the 3rd or 4th hour of Today.

Jason47 said on Facebook this is what he believes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back