Leaving??

She hasn't posted on her twitter account since the news broke. She probably hasn't
since she gave SOD an exclusive

There's very little in way of content we haven't discussed.

Ms. Zucker (Nicole) does refer to Shawn Christian's (ex-Daniel) departure as something she was not "happy about." She states he was fired. Her contract is up April 27 and she told producers before the Thanksgiving break. She also claims Nicole had no "full-blown" storylines.

She is leaving to pursue other roles and she expects to work a "regular job." She and Kyle Lowder (ex-Brady) share custody of their daughter and he picks her up during the interview. She apparently did not pause when Ron Carlivati was brought in, although she respects his work, her plan was to do what she can as an actress now.

I don't think she'll leave.

I absolutely think she will. This is the exact same thing she did after her then husband Kyle Lowder (ex-Brady) left the show.

She only said she was very surprised when the other actor was fired..evidently very unexpected ....
she had said early in the interview that she considered not renewing 2 years ago, but signed up again.

Would be curious to know if that other actor in question was Shawn Christian (Daniel) since the two have been together in real life for a while.

I also get SOD. As Jason said, her choice to leave was due to her real life boyfriend Shawn Christian (Daniel) being fired. She was just already locked into a 2 year contract so couldn't do it until now.

The interview quite frankly makes my blood boil and I disagree with quite a bit of it so I won't say much more. I certainly do not agree with her comment about Nicole not having storylines in recent years. Hopefully SOD will post it online once the next issue comes out.

Jason-I think the SOD blind items are applicable to all 4 soaps. They are not necessarily Days specific.

Have you noticed most end up on Hallmark movies?

Who is most? Alison Sweeney (Sami) has a murder mystery series on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries which is not even the regular Hallmark Channel. She also only does 2 a year by my count. She has also been doing 1 additional movie each year. Other than that, Jen Lilley (Jeannie T), Greg Vaughan (Eric), Deidre Hall (Marlena) have all done Hallmark movies in the past year. But all have filmed while still on Days.

Jason-I think the SOD blind items are applicable to all 4 soaps. They are not necessarily Days specific.
I don't think I'm using the right term, then. This is Days specific. It says, "Vincent Irizarry [Deimos] isn't the only one who will be leaving DAYS. Another soap alum currently on the canvas will also be exiting Salem.... This show is in the process of luring back a fan favorite," (p. 12, ellipsis in original).

I haven't been around much after a wreck but this saddens me! Ari Zucker (Nicole) threw us off by the "kiss of death" comment. I suppose " kiss of death" could now be applied to her referring to Daniel's character. Guess she knew already the cards were in her table. Good for her, she is a talented actress and is jumping ship before the soap gets any worst. I hate to say it. Lets just hope Nicole just ends up getting to take off out of Salem with Holly.

Ari Zucker (Nicole) threw us off by the "kiss of death" comment. I suppose " kiss of death" could now be applied to her referring to Daniel's character.
What "kiss of death" comment?

I actually take this interview with a grain of salt. She talks of needing a job, supporting and raising a daughter, but she had a steady, well paying job with Days, I doubt she is going to cashier in the supermarket, or sell real estate, be a receptionist, etc.

She also is very active with a couple of charities, one is a camp for children, devotes a lot of her free time to them, as does Shawn Christian (Daniel).

As for movie roles outside of daytime, it really is the exception if a daytime actor gets really successful in prime time or movies. There were tons of fantastic actors who were free to do anything when all those soaps were cancelled at once, but very few even got small parts elsewhere.

I don't think I'm using the right term, then. This is Days specific. It says, "Vincent Irizarry [Deimos] isn't the only one who will be leaving DAYS. Another soap alum currently on the canvas will also be exiting Salem.... This show is in the process of luring back a fan favorite," (p. 12, ellipsis in original).

Thanks. I think the fan favorite one is the general blind item that could apply to all 4 soaps.

"Don't play where you work".

Well I met my husband at work but considering he is still there and I'm not, it didn't really impact our professional life.:) But I hear your point. In the case of actors, real life and reel life should be separate. I think Bill and Susan Hayes (Doug and Julie) and perhaps Wally Kurth (Justin) and his ex-wife on General Hospital were the rare exceptions where a real life romance could be successfully imitated on screen.

I wonder why she decided to create a website? Mary Beth Evans (Kayla) blogs for some time now.......did she get the idea from her perhaps?

Ari Zucker (Nicole) rarely tweets, neither does Shawn Christian (Daniel), tho he used to, maybe she has some business or career plan in mind??? It does seem odd that she wrote about it in January, but the news just comes out now. She may have had the site being created, and just not "open" until now. There ARE other areas to the website, so it may have been "under construction" for a while. :)

Oh how I wish it is Matt Ashford (Jack Deveraux)!!

I will say if Ari Zucker (Nicole) reads this, I respect her decision and her love for her man so I would be a hypocrite to say I wouldn't do the same thing. Because if I felt someone wronged anyone I loved, I'd side with them first. So in a way I believe we should send her positive energy and wish her well. But also I hope she sees the fans disappointments is because they love the character of Nicole that much!

Back