Looking a bit ahead....commentary

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, let's see. We have Jennifer quickly getting addicted to pills, the same Jennifer who was so aware of her friend Carly doing so, and gave Carly some very tough love.
Eric has been drinking, but realizes it, almost fell off the wagon....more to come, and the actor has indicated that Eric & Jen have big story
Andre' certainly is still criminally insane (in my opinion) so makes you wonder how he got pardoned from all the previous crimes? Too over the top in his pursuit of revenge.
Blackmail seems to be a favorite ploy of whoever is writing some stories, as Deimos has done it to Philip, Ava to Steve, The DiMeras to Aiden, Theresa to Melanie, and the list goes on and on.
Deimos wants to destroy victor, Andre' wants to destroy Hope & Rafe. Lanie spies on everyone.

Nicole won't let Daniel die, Brady helps. Nicole & Theresa start up a business they more or less ignore, sort of like John & Patch's detective agency, which they ignore as well.

And while Lani thinks Rafe is gone a lot from the office, what about Jennifer? Kate? Philip? Belle? Does anyone really work.......ever???
I do want the Salem Money Tree.

Poirot, tis certainly a mouthful. All true and sad about all the mistakes in Salem. ShaSha

Add to it all, the violence.......murder, death, rape, heck, another upcoming murder at the end of next week. Feb. sweeps is turning out to be stories no one wants to see at all.
But, I will say, just to be positive, that am looking forward to Dario's arrival, Deimos' plans, Ava's departure, and however we see Jack & Aiden. Plus Sonny is returning as well. Yayyy.

ShaSha, the show is filmed 6 mos. ahead. Whatever we are seeing is a done deal, there is no way NOW to change, except perhaps deleting scenes. I.E. There was a general feeling that Rafe & Hope were becoming too close too soon, and at one point, there was a kiss, but, it got deleted, so that WE only saw them very close, seemingly about to share a kiss, but they did not.
However, you CAN write to the show, or e-mail them, there is a huge list in one of the sections here. The Links Forum would be the one to check.

Well, it does seem NBC think Days is filming wayyy too far ahead. So perhaps they pay a tiny bit of attention. The thing is, Days is a draw for whatever follows the show in various markets. The lead-in so to speak.

If they are not listening to the fans, without the Fans there would be no show. No fans, no sponsors, no show. :rolleyes: :fan: ShaSha

The thing is...the input from the fans is on what they are seeing NOW. The show can do nothing to change quickly. It isn't that they perhaps are not paying attention to what the viewers are saying. It is that the comments are all about stories, characters, etc. that are no longer a factor, but the show cannot tell us that.

i.e. Viewers felt the elephant/diamonds/Serena story was just dragging, pointless, etc. They are writing, calling, but...with filming 5 months-6 months in advance, the elephant story was over, Serena was already dead...NOTHING the show could do. Naturally, we had yet to see it, but the show is not going to spill the beans on it.

I do think this is why NBC was insistent about slowing down the filming schedule, during the contract renewal talks. It will be interesting to see if this is done at all. (Because it was NBC's drastic cuts in what they pay for the show that caused the cost savings speedup to begin with)

Last edited:
Serena and the elephant COULD have been a terrific story if told in 6 weeks instead of 80 (or however long, seemed like an eternity) and Parker with his sparkles. Does he still have one hidden away in his fort??

I hope the taping time gets cut down so they can be more reactive to the viewers feelings about the stories, because right now, I'm finding it hard to care again. The 50th was really a letdown.

Back