Lucifer (TV Series)

Wayne

WebHamster
Reaction score
I realize that even the title is enough to scare off some of you, but I watched the Pilot episode the other day and just have to say that -- if you haven't seen it -- you really missed something great.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4052886/

There aren't any real A level stars. The actors have all been in things before, but they were mostly supporting roles.

The plot/idea behind the show is that Lucifer rebels and comes to Earth "On vacation", during which he discovers that he does, in fact, have a bit of good humanity left. Someone he helps ends up getting gunned down in a drive-by, which really ticks him off to find (ostensibly punish) the killer.

He meets up with a female cop who isn't swayed by his very "devilish" nature at all (this intrigues him) so they go about tracking down the killer.

Meanwhile, angels keep coming down to warn and threaten him that he's "upsetting the balance" and that "without you in Hell, what do you think happens to all those souls damned to Hell?"

All in all, it's PERFECTLY cast, and FLAWLESSLY portrayed by the actors, and it's wonderfully written with situations like where he does not pretend in ANY way not to be Lucifer/Satan/etc but the cop partner just basically thinks he's completely nuts...

I have to say, it's an original idea (from Hollywood of all places) so if you get a chance to catch it, please, by all means...

Wayne

Hmm, nice of you to mention the channel, the time, the day, etc. Not that the title doesn't turn me off, but.... :wink:

Reactions: YPG
Looks good. That actor would make a great Ej lol

What network is this on? Sounds interesting. Hopefully it gets put on Hulu Plus.

@Poirot, @YPG, @NikkiFan,
  1. Since I don't have cable (at all) I tend to forget such details as "networks", "dates", or "time". Everything hits my DVR and I watch it whenever. :)

2. USA Network. So far it was just a pilot episode which was shown on August 9th, but it shows FOX, so I'm not sure which it is;

3. If it helps, here's the FANTASTIC trailer on Youtube..

Wayne

Ohhh, yuk. absolutely HATE the eyes..........sheesh. By the way, USA is a cable channel.

Did you even watch it, or did you stop at the screenshot and just basically say "nope"?

By the way, USA is a cable channel.
Didn't see it from cable, hence no idea what network it showed on. Saw it off the Internet. So there...

Geez guys, just watch the trailer :)

The screenshot with the "eyes" is one 2-second scene where he's putting "the fear of God" into a 12-year-old school bully to set her straight...

Like most good science fiction, I figure this one's not going to get a fair shot because of people who refuse even watch it because of the name (or in this case, the "eyes" in the freeze frame)...

Wayne

Never saw Brimstone, but I don't see the comparison...

Here's the storyline from Lucifer..

Satan bored from his sulking life in hell comes and lives in los angeles only to help humanity with it's miseries through his experience and telepathic abilities to bring people's deepest desires and thoughts out of them. While his meeting with a girl in his nightclub (called lux ), a shootout at him and the girl leads him to be a LAPD consultant who in order tries to punish people for their crimes through police, law and justice.
From Wikipedia

The series will focus on Lucifer, "who is bored and unhappy as the Lord of Hell and resigns his throne and abandons his kingdom for the beauty of Los Angeles, where he gets his kicks helping the LAPD punish criminals."

Brimstone sounds like the Devil sent a bad cop back to collect souls. Lucifer is more like "what if the Devil got bored and quit?" Like I said, can't WAIT for the next episode. Just hate that it was a pilot and may not even get picked up.. I just get kinda quirked by people that won't even give a show a watch because of the name, or what they THINK it's about, when it's actually a very redeeming morality show. In this case, what if it turns out the Devil actually has a good heart?

Wayne

The same people who won't watch this based on the preconceived notion about the eyes, or the name are the same people that will sit and clamor for a show like Supernatural (which I find exceptionally un-watchable at this point)

Well, I think originally, The devil was an angel gone bad. So the premise of this show is not hard to believe. That said...

We all have shows we like, that possibly are opposite other shows we like. And if we cannot tape/record, don't have fancy phones, or a good enough internet connection to watch streaming or things on our computers....well, that is how we have to live. Especially when you live rural. We have some folks here who can only see a TV program on their computer.
As for Wayne not watching TV, I seem to remember a time when you gloried in your 46" or 52" TV. LOL
We all cope the best way we can.

I seem to remember a time when you gloried in your 46" or 52"
I currently use a 60" LED in the living room and a 50" LED in the bedroom, so not much has changed.

I get what you're saying about bandwidth, but in my case, there are programs like Netflix, Hulu, and others (including channel-driven apps for tablets) which let you stream across to the big screen. I have a program (or 4) on the Mac which goes out, finds the new shows, records them on the hard drive, then I just use the Apple TV across the wireless network at home to watch everything on the big TV...

The hazards of being a geek I guess. :)

Wayne

LOL, that's for sure. Plus, being able to afford all those extra charges. My husband has a hard time handling the remote for the TV, and though I have a simple TracFone, he cannot even turn it on, tho manages to do so accidentally, then screws it all up, and doesn't turn it off. My daughter gave him one from which she upgraded, went thru an ordeal to have him put on her family plan, and it was not even 24 hrs. before it landed in the wash machine, being it was in the inside pocket of a jacket he threw in. End of phone. So, we live with what we have. LOL

Back