SPOILER !! Major casting & storyline spoilers posted in tweet today

Jason, how would the potential writers strike effect Days scheduling? Maybe if it happens and is long enough, the writers might catch up somewhat and we won't be seeing stuff so far behind the actual writing. One could hope for that, but the strike would be a tough way to get at it.

Here I am, reading the responses, thinking this sounds so interesting. Then the thought occurred, Sami is returning. And there is a mysterious Gil character.

I just cursed out loud. Please soap Gods, please don't let this upcoming wedding be Sami and an EJ recast going by Gil. I will just scream.

I would prefer this to be a second wedding/reconciliation of Chad and Abby. Or a Rafe and Hope wedding. YES, I SAID IT! ANYTHING is better than another Sami wedding, especially one with a dragged up from the dead recast of EJ.

Jason, how would the potential writers strike effect Days scheduling? Maybe if it happens and is long enough, the writers might catch up somewhat and we won't be seeing stuff so far behind the actual writing. One could hope for that, but the strike would be a tough way to get at it.

The Days writers have written scripts up to the end of 2017 so they will not have to shut production during the WGA strike. That also means no rewriting on the set.

An insider on another board said, they think they are trying to have the script writers complete through around December 31 by the time the strike starts next week. That would allow "Days" to still be in production for a full 8 weeks during a prolonged writers' strike, plus a pre-planned long break during the summer.

So, out of all the shows on TV, "Days" seems to be the most set for a strike. If it's a long summer break like last time, then perhaps they wouldn't even need to think about hiring scab writers until August, and at that point, the strike would have to be going into over 100+ days by then.

So, if the strike is resolved by July, I think there's a good chance "Days" won't have to use any scabs at all. If it keeps going into August/September, then they would probably need to hire scabs to start writing January/February 2018. Of course, they could have the option of staying dark even longer, but then that affects all of the crew, who I think only get paid for the weeks they work.

Guess Eric is back at the farmhouse because Brady and Nicole are done with it in Canada. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking with the catcher's mask, perhaps the bachelor and bachelorette parties are for Chad and Gabi. Total guess on my part, though.
Sonny and Paul?

I doubt it's Chad and Gabi. Even for Days that's lightspeed. And there still has to be a divorce going through.

My bet? Brady and Nicole.

Maybe it is Adrienne and Lucas? Of course, the baseball theme doesn't make sense for them, but who knows! As long as it isn't Gabi and Chad, the 'great love' that never existed.

Back