Malaise falls over the Land

Moira

Reaction score
I don't know about you but I can barely keep my eyes open or finger off fast forward. The whole "who is trying to infiltrate DiMera" storyline ended in a dud for me. Pregnancy stories never seem planned or happy events. No one gets married anymore and then, after a year or so, starts thinking about expanding the family.

Perhaps I will grow to appreciate Stefan but right now - I find his story dull and dreary. If I had to guess I would say, he was a high rolling king of takeovers. He had some knowledge of the friction at DiMera's and looked for a way in the door. Vivian was as good a ticket as any. He did his due diligence and found her connection and that she had "lost" a child etc. He sought her out and somehow can control the results of his DNA. She has fallen for his line and thinks she is in control. Vivian isn't as entertaining as in the past.

I think Abby is strong enough to stand off Stefan and Gabi as well until she learns of Eli's child (oops - there they go again). Lani is not a strong character for me and I have never cared for her or any story in which she is featured. I was glad when she left town.

Jennifer and Eric are BORING!!!!! Stop it. She is acting like a middle schooler. This is beyond ridiculous. I loved Anna and Tony but she hasn't done anything since he died that made me want to root for her.

Brady and Eve might have been a fun story to watch but he has been on a bender of multiple types that makes me not care. He also has a very strange way of drinking/holding his glass that is so affected I wonder, mmm, is that something they teach in acting school? It looks dumb. But I digress

We are weeks away from February sweeps. I don't know if I can keep my eyes open that long. Sigh.

Last edited:
Moira, thank you for posting. I was thinking about the show today and how within a matter of weeks, it's become overblown and repetitive. I understand the "build" before sweeps but so many characters have now been pushed to the back burner and several storylines are preposterous (Anna and Roman). There are many things for which I applaud Ron Carlivati but the show's becoming tiresome and not the least bit interesting.

Back