SPOILER !! Mother of "Days" actor seems to confirm departure

Jason47

Reaction score
JAMES LASTOVIC'S (Joey) MOTHER'S TWEET SEEMS TO SUGGEST THAT HE IS LEAVING "DAYS"

James Lastovic (Joey)'s mother Lucienne has been posting lots of tweets in the last few weeks, and in recent days about hoping her son's contract would be renewed. Lastovic's casting and 2-year contract was announced on March 19, 2015. Today, Lucienne Lastovic tweeted this: "That's why it's beyond me that the writers didn't renew him." So, it seems Lastovic may be wrapping his stint as Joey after 2 years (with the advanced taping schedule, that would keep Joey on air until August).

............"the writers didn't renew him."

I thought producers or Executives/Corday did the contracts. Do writers really have that much power?

Maybe the mother meant that the writers put him way on the back burner??? Or just were no longer writing story for him, so he was more or less just "filler" now????

If her son is in the business, she knows the right word.

Well, we differ on that thought. He is young enough that he would be talking to his mom about all of this, and she would be aware of his contract, his boss, his agent, etc. She obviously is aware of a lot, or she would not be tweeting about it all.

Reactions: jgk
that is what I said.but it would not be the writers who would not renew the contract

It's not improbable that the writers could be responsible.

I agree. As we've seen repeatedly, Shawn and Belle are the first characters to get written off whenever Dena Higley is hired as head writer. That's not a coincidence. Writers have influence over who they want to write for. I'm not saying I agree with this approach but that's the trend we have seen.

The thing is, actor vets were being brought back for short stints. Their agreements WERE for the short periods, (ala Anna, Shane....) however, I do agree that if a writer wants to tell story using certain characters, they would ask/notify the suits, who then would be hiring, etc. And it does seem that writers have their favs who they want to keep up front burner, but really, at times, the story they want to tell is better suited for other characters, perhaps.

So what if she used the wrong word? Even if she knew, if she was upset, she may have typed in haste and made a mistake. Doesn't mean she didn't know, just means she is human. And I can't say I wouldn't be too if it were my child being let go. This is a big deal to her- and I respect that. Hate to see him go. He had potential. But here's hoping another opportunity picks him up and I wish him much success.

So what if she used the wrong word? Even if she knew, if she was upset, she may have typed in haste and made a mistake. Doesn't mean she didn't know, just means she is human.
No one is saying she isn't upset. Typically the writers don't have control over the actors' employment, so it's odd she blamed the writers for his supposed departure from the show. I think she said writers, but meant the producers. If I was a Days' writer and had nothing to do with the actor's departure, I'd be upset with getting blamed publicly like that.

Either way, if it's true, it's a shame. He is very talented and did a great job as Joey.

I always suspected that Ava's murder would come back to haunt Joey. If this is true, perhaps the truth is exposed and Joey goes to prison? And now it seems Steve and Kayla will have another 'child' to fret over in his place.

Back