Murder mystery

There's been speculations that Andre may actually be dead and Tony will end up resurfacing alive. Besides, how much comedic humor would there be if for years Anna had been carrying around a stranger's ashes?

It's more than uncommon. As shown on the original Law and Order, crime investigations are carried out by uniformed officers and detectives. Police commissioners never get out on the streets to solve crimes. They're way too busy dealing administrative, political, and P.R. matters. The only TV show in which the actual police commissioner solved crimes was the wildly improbably McMillan and Wife, which starred Rock Hudson and Susan St. James, and which ran from 1971-77.
Thanks, Dr.B.....In my tiny town we only have a police chief, and I don't think he goes out on patrol, lol. Wonder what happened to Salem's Chief of Police...

The only TV show in which the actual police commissioner solved crimes
At least regularly; the ABC Series The Commish (1991-1995) had a Commissioner who at times went out with his officers on the beat, but usually for managerial purposes. Most of the story revolved around his personal, political, and administrative travails.

Well, the Jan. 29 issue of SOD lists suspects galore. Tony's urn is found in the room with the body...and since Anna cannot leave home without it...#1. Gabi was just fired by Andre, after noting her company is going to bring in millions. There is #2.

Viv and Stefan have not been too happy with Andre.... & want to get rid of him permanently....2 more. Gabi even accuses Abby....who is the one who found the body, and is devastated over what happened to her good friend. In fact, she has dreams of him trying to tell her who did it, but in the dream, he is never able to spit it out.

Chad already suspects Andre of being the insider hacker...has noted it to Abby. Stefan & Vivian work on their alibis, while Roman, for whatever reason, lies to provide one for Anna.

And, of course, Kate, Chad, Abby, plus Stefan & Viv, are all working on "I want the company"...

Hope this is over really fast. Poor Kate. :eek: This is going to shake her up some, that is until she realizes Andre's plot. ShaSha

Lil0..........the thing is...there is that spoiler about Ben returning....(tho I also am thinking Tony returning), but don't think he is the killer, tho it is very possible.

I am just amazed that Hope & Rafe are to be the investigators. After she shot Stefano, and he helped cover it up, just weird they are back in the DiMera bubble. Then, I just cannot wrap my head around the Commissioner doing investigating personally.

Guess they really are very short on detectives in the Salem P.D. Will this be another case that eventually turns "cold", like the murder of Deimos.

Yep, because Salem PD's finest is really stressed. Lani can't possibly work, she has to mutter endlessly about her baby. And Eli has to wonder which woman he really wants in his bed. Goodness, actually work????

The spoiler with Roman taking an active interest makes the most sense. He has experience and might actually solve the case, since the detective firm is too busy poisoning the partners to take an actual case.

I am just amazed that Hope & Rafe are to be the investigators. After she shot Stefano, and he helped cover it up, just weird they are back in the DiMera bubble. Then, I just cannot wrap my head around the Commissioner doing investigating personally.
Since Hope has demonstrated her homicidal tendencies, Rafe should be aware that his current true love might have done it and should be ready to utilize his cover-up skills.
Yep, because Salem PD's finest is really stressed. Lani can't possibly work, she has to mutter endlessly about her baby. And Eli has to wonder which woman he really wants in his bed. Goodness, actually work????

The spoiler with Roman taking an active interest makes the most sense. He has experience and might actually solve the case, since the detective firm is too busy poisoning the partners to take an actual case.
Yes, Lani and Eli are definitely are too preoccupied with their pregnancy drama to concentrate on a case. And if demon goats unexpectedly factor in Andre's demise, goat-phobic Lani will run home and hide under the bed. As for Roman, he too might not be the best choice to investigate. He was so love-starved that he took up with an ex-wife who toted her late husband's urn wherever she went. A man this desperate might be so distracted by his unmet love needs to focus on a murder case.

Goat-L3-shake1-sm-186x279.jpg

Killer Goat: "Hey Lani, I killed Andre.
What are you going to do about it?"

Last edited:
After today's episode, it's looking a bit too obvious that Anna is the murderer. So I am going to place a good speculation that in fact it was Tony DiMera who beat Andre DiMera to death with the urn. I also feel Tony is the one who wrote that letter to Anna.

I read a comment on Facebook that suggested everyone was in on it. Not sure but I think there has to be a couple of them in on something, not all separate like shown on TV.

Bet others found the body, and quickly skipped out, not wanting to be connected in any way. ???

Definitely Vivian and Stefan are this case. I believe they can be crossed off. I feel for a fact if Vivian actually murdered someone herself, she has remained calm and unaffected emotionally in the past. She was frantic and scared like Stefan. It was a sloppy job. I do feel Vivian and Stefan had every intention of either murdering Andre or making him disappear off to Alamainia, but someone beat them to it.

Back