Murder on the .....Salem Express. ???

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So many anvils are dropping around Deimos Kiriakis....the actor has left the show, is done taping, and spoilers have said there is to be a murder mystery. Tis in the distance, but it seems they sure are expanding the list of possible or probable suspects, if, indeed, the victim is to be Deimos.

So..let's just pretend that is who the victim is to be. Now, famous Hercule Poirot mystery by Agatha Christie (Murder on the Orient Express) had a victim found dead, with multiple stab wounds, And through a lot of rigamarole, it is finally figured out that many were involved in the demise of the victim.
Now I love stories with multiple suspects.......so did Columbo. LOL

So, if Deimos is to be the victim of a homicide.......who do we all have as suspects......and why?

Eduardo, Andre come to mind......that whole Orwell thing.
Sonny, who wants to run Titan and the Kiriakis family
Nicole, who blames him for her losing Holly
Chloe, who was threatened by Deimos over Holly
Justin, who lost the case for Nicole because of Deimos interference
Deimos evidently upsets Rafe, who attacks him

Who else is on the "Possible suspect" list........

Oh, Kat, that would be so fun, right? Ha.

We also have Chad because he nearly died when kidnapped (tho I honestly cannot see Chad resorting to murder)
Maggie is pretty ticked that Deimos was manhandling chloe, and caused NiK to vanish with her grandson.
Victor.....for a ton of reasons........

Did I read that Nicole is leaving the show also? Maybe Deimos finds her and she kills him, gets caught and goes to prison as a way of getting her off the show but allow for return.

Reactions: jgk
I think it will be a new or barely used "disposable" character, and not one of the regulars. I do think, however, that one of the major characters (Nicole comes to mind.) will be accused and possibly stand trial for murder.

You know, I thought about that, too. But the actress is supposed to be seen by us, on air, until October. The "murder mystery" ends in September. And would the show really take Holly's only surviving parent, send her away, and thus Chloe gets her for keeps?

I don't think Ari Zucker (Nicole) will leave the show. I'm glad TPTB didn't offer Bo a sweet deal to get him to stay, (I was SO tired of Bo anyway.) but I hope they realize that the character of Nicole has a huge following. While I would accept a recast, this is one case where I don't think anyone can fill Ms. Zucker's shoes...at least, for me.

Last edited:
If it is a newer character they are the usual suspect. If it is an established character then the writers give them an 'out' to keep them on the show. If someone was leaving, but unannounced, that would be a true surprise.

In a Salem version of Stephen King's Pet Semetery, Pookie rises from the grave to take revenge on Deimos for what he's done to ruin Nicole's life.

Other equally-far-fetched, animal-related scenarios could include: 1) Deimos pays a visit to the K-mansion garbage cans and is fatally mauled by the Forest Preserve Bear who'd stopped by for a tasty snack; 2) Horton the Tiger returns to Salem and, in an attempt to improve his image, rids Salem of the detestable Deimos; and 3) Deimos dies after being accidentally struck on the head by one of the flying pigs who take to the air whenever something truly unlikely happens in Salem, such as Eric smiling, Roman getting a kiss, Jenny minding her own business, or Andre doing a good deed.

Nicole thinks she kills him because she slips into the mansion and poisoned his drink.

Sonny believes he killed him because of the massive beating he gets.

Chloe thinks she killed him because she whacks him over the head after he is stumbling away from the beating he got.

Xananimal returns to avenge Deimos' murder. DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.

I'm calling it now: Victor is going to off Deimos. Deimos is going to get more menacing with Brady et al and ol' Victor, whom everyone keeps saying is too old and tired for all of this, will put a cap in baby brother, then get away with it because he's old and rickety and who cares.

As TamiBelle and Poirot both said, it could be a combination of characters, with Nicole and Xander topping my list. Whoever does it could be doing it to protect an innocent, and redeem their own character in the process. Eric could even play a part in something like that.

It has to be somebody shocking like Maggie or Victor, or even Kate. She tried once, so let's have a go again. lol :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't read the novel but I have seen the 1974 film version of "Murder on the Orient Express" which starred a veritable whose who of the biggest stars of the time: Albert Finney, Sean Connery, Lauren Bacall, Ingrid Bergman (Best Supporting Actress winner), Anthony Perkins, Richard Widmark etc,.

I thought thought the clever thing about it was that (spoiler alert) all of the passengers except for master sleuth Hercule Poirot (Hey we have a Poirot here on the board hows that for a coinky-dinky? LOL) played an orchestrated part in the murder. I think be cool if the writers could pull of something even Half as complex as Dame Agatha did. Bwa-ha, ha ha. That was a good one.

Back