National One-Hit Wonders Day

Noel

Reaction score
Listed below are just a few of the well-known one-hit wonders from days gone by.

1955 – “Earth Angel (Will You Be Mine)” by The Penguins
1963 – “Six Days on the Road” by Dave Dudley
1968 – “Tip Toe Thru The Tulips” by Tiny Tim
1969 – “Smile a Little Smile for Me” by The Flying Machine
1970 – “One Tin Soldier” by The Original Caste
1970 – “The House of the Rising Sun” by Frijid Pink
1972 – “Hot Rod Lincoln” by Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen
1983 – “Puttin’ on the Ritz” by Taco
1988 – “Don’t Worry Be Happy” by Bobby McFerrin

Do any of these bring back memories? Do you have a favorite you would like to share? I think we all remember 1990-2015 tunes, but list them if you prefer.

LOL..........Tis funny as one can remember a song, not realizing it was the only hit song by a person or group...

Wipeout.......The Surfaris...1963
Winchester Cathedral....The New Vaudeville Band......1966
And do you believe that wonderful I've had"The Time of My Life" by Bill Medley, featured so prominently in the movie Dirty Dancing....was the only hit he had? 1987

Good choices Poirot!

I am a metal gal. The Who; AC/DC, Fleetwood Mac, Skillet, etc. But love watching Guardians of the Galaxy movies with all the old one-hit wonders blaring. Music punctuates our lives with meaning like memories.

Yes, I know. But this was on his own, alone....so it was not the Righteous Brothers getting the credit.......just Bill Medley. And it was HIS only hit record.

I am thinking of a couple others.....Who Let the Dogs Out (hated that song), by Baha Men in 2000.
And then, the infamous......
"I'm too sexy" by Right Said Fred....1992. (everyone seemed to use that for a while, "I'm too sexy " for my shirt, hat, car, shoes, drink,.....Was a fun song.

Eras - these are great too.

Poirot - those are great thanks.

JS - interesting info I didn't know until now.

Really............Eras, Sorry I have not heard of a single one....however, I will say I probably have heard the songs....just no idea of the names of them, artists, etc. Thank you.

Really............Eras, Sorry I have not heard of a single one....however, I will say I probably have heard the songs....just no idea of the names of them, artists, etc. Thank you.

I admit those are a lot of dance/pop late 90sish jams. Back then though at that time I would be too embarrassed to admit I listened to those as a teen, now older I don't care LOL!

I got another one.

Belinda Carlisle "Heaven is a Place on Earth" 1987. Very gay in the 80's I love it Haha!

Wasn't Bill Medley one half of the Righteous Brothers before he had the time of his life with Jennifer Warren?

Anyone remember Take on Me by Ah Ha? Their only hit I think but what a great video.

Back