New or returning character?

Just Samantha

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
But that's enough for the 50+ crowd. That group is already oversaturated and all hints seem to be pointing to a David Banning return at some point as well.
Heather's comment in another thread made me remember something from this summer.

There were a few tweets (I think one was from Vincent Irizarry/Deimos) congratulating actor Grant Aleksander on joining Days. Then the tweets were quickly pulled down. Grant had been on GL with Vincent Irizarry (Deimos) and Judi Evans (Adrienne).

Here's a picture of Grant with Vincent and Judi on the Days set for the 13,000th episode.

grant_aleksander.jpg

I wonder if he's been cast to play David Banning? The age wouldn't really match up, since Adrienne and Deimos are about the same age as Bo and Hope, while David was teen when Hope was still a baby (due to SORASing of David). But we all know that ages don't mean a thing in Salem.

Here are pictures of Judi Evans (Adrienne) with Vincent Irizarry (Deimos) and Grant Aleksander from their Guiding Light days.

23de018a64bb743112d7cb866fc5b70a.jpg
j9h371oe0g0gjgh0.jpg
24c2057c8dbcf67e9cc6d3fe063f814d.jpg

Everyone concerned has insisted that Grant only came to visit his friends, as he was in town. ???
He lives in New Jersey.....

Everyone concerned has insisted that Grant only came to visit his friends, as he was in town. He lives in New Jersey.
And remember all the denials about it being Freddie Smith (Sonny) in the background of a picture that Vincent Irizarry (Deimos) posted one time? They kept saying it was a stagehand. Several months later we found that Sonny was back in Salem.

CaQcabLVAAA4hNf.jpg

If David Banning had an adult son name Scott in the 80s, it would be more likely that it would be Scott...after all, you are talking over 30 years ago, so Scott would be in his 50s...right?

Scotty was born in 1977, but was in his 20's in 1989.

But you know real ages don't mean a thing on the soaps. Back in 1989 when Scotty was in his 20's, Alice should've been 100+ at that point due to the SORASing of her grandkids, great-grandkids and great-great grandkids. With the way Scotty was SORAS'ed, Alice would've been at least 120 when she died in 2010.

Scotty was around Carrie's age as a little boy. Here he is playing with Carrie at Roman's place. The second picture shows him in 1990 as an adult (behind Tom).

carriescottyplay.jpg
horton90.gif

Everyone concerned has insisted that Grant only came to visit his friends, as he was in town. ???
He lives in New Jersey.....

Kassie Depaiva (Eve) and Daniel Cosgrove (Aiden) were commuting from NY. Melissa Reeves (Jennifer) commutes from Nashville and Eric Martsolf (Brady) commutes from Las Vegas. I think Days is particularly flexible given all their dark weeks during the year. They are off for 2 months right now.

Also, I forget which interview it was but one of the actors interviewed at Day of Days mentioned payoff for the David-Valerie romance since they couldn't do it back in the 70s. That solidifies to me that David and a likely David/Valerie son are imminent. Valerie's strange reaction to Julie wasn't coincidental.

Speaking of a likely David/Valerie son, wasn't there a casting call a few months ago for a character that sounded like a Cameron recast? Instead, it's possibly the son Valerie was talking about the other day which could be David's son?

Daniel Cosgrove (Aiden), Melissa Reeves (Jennifer), & Kassie DePaiva (Eve) all lived in LA while shooting, going home on weekends. Melissa's family stays with her, and they all return to the ranch only when she has extended time off. They have a manager who runs things there for them

Speaking of a likely David/Valerie son, wasn't there a casting call a few months ago for a character that sounded like a Cameron recast? Instead, it's possibly the son Valerie was talking about the other day which could be David's son?

Yes we've been discussing that casting call in one of the other threads. The character name is Levi.

Daniel Cosgrove (Aiden), Melissa Reeves (Jennifer), & Kassie DePaiva (Eve) all lived in LA while shooting, going home on weekends. Melissa's family stays with her, and they all return to the ranch only when she has extended time off. They have a manager who runs things there for them

So why couldn't Grant Aleksander be doing the same thing? When said the actors commute, that's exactly what I meant. They come to LA to tape when needed and spend the rest of the time in their home cities. SOD also recently did an interview with Melissa Reeves (Jennifer) and Kassie Depaiva (Eve) as well as other actors who commute. Both actresses spoke about leaving their families behind when they come to LA to film the show.

Because of school for their children. They cannot keep pulling them out of school.

Back