SPOILER !! New returns teaser

I'm surprised at that (about the interview alluding to her never coming back). Ever since she left, she's always said she wanted to pop in and out from time to time, especially for "milestone" or special episodes or story arcs.

I'm surprised at that (about the interview alluding to her never coming back). Ever since she left, she's always said she wanted to pop in and out from time to time, especially for "milestone" or special episodes or story arcs.

I didn't read the SOD article as saying she would never come back. The interviewer didn't explicitly ask either. She was just reminiscing about storylines she missed: chasing Carrie and Austin for years, Sami/Lucas relationship, etc. I got the impression that she wasn't happy with her character's direction towards the end of her run but again this wasn't explicitly said or asked.

Although Renee Jones (Lexie) said she is retiring, I would say never say never for some sort of return. The right storyline at the right price draws actors and actresses out of "retirement" fairly regularly.

Looking at the photos, having Brandon Walker return would be nice. It would make the Carver family more prominent and bring Abe on the screen more, you'd hope. Plus with Lani returning, there's an opportunity to show all the siblings, Brandon, Lani, Theo, and Nicole through her brother, Brandon.

I would like to see them bring Nurse Maxine back and pair her with Abe again. They explored this a bit back in 2014 I think and I liked the couple. Brandon coming back would be cool but I'm not excited about the return of Lani :(

My top 3 picks storyline wise would be 1. Philip, 2. Stephanie, and 3. Brandon.

In my opinion, all 3 are needed in Salem at this point. Philip is needed because of Chloe and Deimos situation. Stephanie for Steve/Kayla/Joey and Brandon could be a great comfort to his little brother,Theo.

Last edited:
Philip is currently in Salem. So this would just be an actor switch if Jay Kenneth Johnson (ex-Philip) was returning.

Perhaps he was filming a movie, he has a slew of them for 2016, 3 or 4 in post production to come out in 2017. With that many, he probably just could not fit Days into the schedule.

I understand but it's still interesting nobody has made a statement about it since he was the last person to play Austin.

To be fair, they also didn't make any mention of why Austin Peck wasn't playing Austin during Carrie and Austin's last trip to Salem. And at that time, he had been the last actor to play the part.

Back