Official notice on copyrights

Wayne and Poirot,

I am behind you all the way. Poirot does an absolutely WONDERFUL job on Days Ahead. I would never know what is going on with my Days if it were not for her. I work during the time that Days is on and I currently do not have a way to record it, so I come here everyday to read up since EE was taken down. EE is what brought me to this site and I lurked for a long while before deciding to join. I have read on several other sites and was never impressed with what went on. After lurking in this this site for a couple of months I felt I and my comments would be welcomed not torn apart! I thank Wayne and Poirot for that. You all need to do what you need to do to protect yourself and this wonderful site you have created for all of us. THANK YOU!!!!!

Here. Here, motheroftwins. I work during the day also. Luckily, I can listen to Days on the radio and that (sort of) keeps me up to date. However, when it's over, I still have to get my "Days Ahead" fix from Barb. This is the only site I post on and actually have never posted on another site of any kind. I scoped it out for a couple of weeks and everyone seemed so friendly so I joined up!! Do whatever you need to to weed out the bad seeds..... :shocked:

love this website and would never think of plagiarizing your work..just new to this board and am still finding my way around

Very Good!!! You handled that well,,,,,, Now tell us what happens tomorrow I am going through withdrawels!!!!
I have been watching Days for 23 years! And I love it. I do miss the old characters, my favorite story line has always been Jack and Jennifer, Jack has always made me laugh. I miss them both.

It is already up. Just look for tomorrow's date. And thank you all.

I just want to thank you for posting the day ahead. I have not posted here before, but have been reading, as I too, cannot stand not knowing what is coming.

With EE gone, I had begun to lose interest in the show. I unfortunately, have a very busy schedule and have come to depend on the next day spoilers. A lot of times, I do not have the chance to sit down and actually watch the show.

I certainly appreciate the hard work that you are putting out and do not want anyone to spoil it for you.

Keep up the great work! I'm so glad that I joined your group

While both Wayne and I appreciate the support rendered here for us and this site, this thread is about the fact that the Days Ahead threads are being stolen and used for the benefit of another site, despite the fact we have copyrighted all summaries, and variations thereof.

Here is a bit of history. This kidnapping site began last September, and immediately began stealing the summaries from Early Edition, and not even noting this is where it came from. A viewer alerted us, i went to the site, was able to reply as a guest, and noted that EE was copyrighted. Within a short time, the ability to even view the site as a guest was dismantled, but the owner contacted me, promising to just link to the EE site. This was fine.

Late November, the Spectator was born. It was heartening to know how fast we caught on. March 30 was the day the Early Edition retired. Within a couple of weeks, I decided to try and post a shorter summary called Day Ahead.

It did not take long for this other site to catch on, and, without asking, begin using my summaries to their advantage. Again, a viewer notified me, I checked it out, and was able to post as a guest under the Thursday summmary, that tho I was flattered, my summaries were copyrighted and could not be reproduced without permission. Within 1/2 hour my post was deleted, and the ability to post as a guest was removed. hey, same as last Sept. ........and now....guess what? The adminstrators of that site, are attempting to change a few words of my summary, and presenting it as their own.That is plagiarism.

To all here, I do not care if you view only, are members, if you post or choose not to. HOW do you feel when someone steals your ideas, your words, your work and tries to make it their own? WHAT would you do?

here is the beginning of the "plagiarized" post of mine. This is the post for today, Monday.
Please review MY summary for comparison.****************************
My first paragraph........

Now HERE is an interesting show, with a few surprises in store for us all. Shawn is counting his money, trying to see if he has enough for a boat, but falls short. Duck gives him a hard time, and subsequently refuses to lend him any money, in spite of Shawn's promises that his dad will cover it. Belle takes Claire to their room, and begins packing bags, talking of how they will be leaving as soon as Daddy gets back. Knock, knock, that must be him. Nope.....tis Mr. Dimples himself, Philip. And although he is not the raving maniac he has been in the past, he certainly is still with the threats. He has a court order. Belle throws a cup of tea in his face, grabs Claire and races downstairs, with Philip right behind her. Shawn & Phil have a couple of words, Duck comes inbetween, & along comes Gabby. She wants her dad to call the sheriff, who is already on his way, as Phil called him. Everyone exchanges unpleasantries, and at last the sheriff has to make a decision. Philip is grinning from ear to ear with his court order giving him custody, but alas, Phil, there is no extradition treaty with the States, and you got no rights on Tinda Lao. Doesn't sway Mr. Rich boy, who promptly asks Duck for a room, paying 3 times the price. Duck learns Philip is an ex-soldier, with Philip showing off his prosthetic leg, and bragging about his 2 tours of duty. This impresses Duck who invites him later for a beet and a swap of war stories. Belle talks to him alone for a minute or two, berating him for his actions, wondering how she could have ever loved him. Philip makes a few of his usual smart remarks, and she gives him this weak slap. Sorry, but it was. LOL
Later, as Shawn, Belle & Claire are about to enter their room, Philip comes out of his to say good night to Claire, and warn the couple not to try and sneak out in middle of night, as he will be watching constantly their every move.

[i[And now.......here is the other site's beginning....[/i]

An interesting show today folks!!!!, The show is full of unexpected surprises and much more!. Shawn wants to buy a boat, unfortunately he does not have the money needed!

Shawn hopes Duck will lend him some money! Duck as usual is a hard head and say's NO! Shawn tried to make him see that he will see his dad will pay him back. The plea still falls on deaf ears.

Belle takes Claire back to their room to do some packing. She talks to Claire about leaving the island. Belle hears a knock and OMG she opens the door. IT'S Philip!! Phil as always continues with his threats. With him he has a court order. Belle is very angry and tosses a cup of tea in Phil's face, Belle hurries and grabs sweet Claire and runs away, Phil is not far behind. Shawn & Phil face off! Duck gets involved with the two men. Gabby then shows up. Gabby wants her father to call the police, but they seem to be on the way anyway. You guessed it Phil already call them! (sigh). Everyone in this mess is bantering, and the sheriff has no choice but to make a decision regarding this situation. Philip is bursting with joy about his court order that say's he has custody. ROFL, but there is a catch. On Tinda Lao they have no extradition treaty with the United States (HA!). Phil decides to stay on the island, and ask Duck for a room. Phil is willing to pay more than the going rate. Duck finds out Phil is a war vet. Duck agrees, later he asks Phil to join him later to talk war stories. Belle talks with Phil, she is ranting at him about his actions, and tells him she is not sure how she ever could had loved him. Philip proceeds to be a BIG jerk like always, and Belle smacks the you know what out of him.
Later in the day Shawn, Belle & Claire go back to their room, Phil comes out of his room. Phil wanted to say goodnight to Claire. Phil then smugly tells Shelle not to try any fun moves like leaving in the night, he is watching their every move.

Hmmm, o.k. I understand you not wanting to get into the fray. but hey guys........if you think there is no similarity, please, say so.

I left much out, and it is interesting this person left out exactly the same things. And included all the same things.

Poirot...of course it's plagerism...I did not need to see the comparison, if you and/or Wayne posted that your Days Ahead is being copied on another site that was enough for me....it was being copied on another site....and it feels awful...I have had work at a job copied and presented as someone elses, it's no fun....

it isn't in their own words - it is basically your words with a few words different. yes, that is plegarism (spelling?)

Wow! I can't believe that other site would try to pass off your work as their own! It looks like they simply reworded each sentence to try to make it look unique. It has no additional insight that would even make it appear to be anything but a cheap imitation.

You may be able to get ahold of their ISP and get them shut down.....

Hello all,
This is my first time posting. I was a lurker but seen how great you all are. I really appreciate your DaysAhead because frankly the show has become a total bore and you help me decide if I should watch or not. I think it's truly sad that people are trying to pass of your work as their own.

Poirot, I know I have been quiet and rarely even lurking lately, but dang it all, I finally make my way back and someone has been tryin to steal your work???

Now that just aint right, do whatcha gotta do sweety, I am behind ya 100% on this one!

thanks for your welcome..still trying to manuever my way around but so far i am really enjoying the site

Hackermom:

I think you are absolutely correct. Is there any way of doing that?

These people need to be shut down that's for sure.

We are planning on taking steps to do just that. They have been warned, and in coming here to this site, to steal the Day Ahead summary, know that is what will happen. There are additional step that may be taken, in lieu of the flagrant ignoring of law.

I am behind you 100% also. Maybe what you should do to catch them is post something totally false, something totally wrong and when they post it, you can bust them. I have to admit I have copied and pasted some of the jokes and sent them to my friends e-mail accounts, but I usually ask if it is o.k. before I do it. Is this o.k. or would you prefer we didn't do it. I say bust 'em, and then shut them down...

Back