Oh, Jennifer????

ShaSha

Reaction score
Beloved Jennifer has turned into a neurotic, over zealous. jumping to conclusions, little witch.:rolleyes: Jennifer/Daniel has become the most horrible situation. I did love their coupling, but unfortunately, the writers hate happiness in any form.

JJ looks to Daniel as someone fatherly that he can confide in. Yes, Daniel was absolutely right in respecting what JJ confides in him. Telling Jennifer that it is up to JJ to tell his mother, is right as well. Jennifer become a jealous, old woman in every respect or should I say, NO RESPECT.
replaced disguised cursing....JS

I agree with both of you. Both Daniel and Jennifer have been overreacting. They both fail to communicate, and they both flip their lid over stuff that they shouldn't be. It's ridiculous. I could have come up with many story lines for breaking them up that would have been better than the poor writing they have been given.

I mean, the 7th "break up" started with Daniel pitching a whiny fit that Jenn didn't believe he would tell a secret to someone else? really? oh good grief.

and now Jenn is all "I'm done with you!" over her son looking up to him and confiding in him and not her?

Newsflash Jenn: JACK IS DEAD. And in case you don't notice, JJ needs a father-figure. Daniel is doing the right thing by being there for JJ and building his trust.

ugghh.... we need another "SMACK" thread. Cause I'm ready to haul off and smack the donkey out of Jennifer Horton Devereaux.

I personally think Jennifer got ruined when Jack returned and she had absolutely zero sympathy for what he had survived. Even in the cabin, when he had his terrible panic attack and she told him she loved him, assuming he could not hear her, Jen Jen got mad at him for not speaking up ! :eek: Well, Jenny, Jack had other things on his mind. But since the world revolves around Jennifer, she cannot get that. :rolleyes:

For a while now, Jennifer has been throwing accusations and passing judgments on others, all the while not having all the facts. She did it with Jack, when she accused him of following her around on Halloween (I still wish we would know who the Halloween figure was... though I suspect the writers don't even know themselves, thus they dropped the whole thing). Jennifer didn't even bother to call JJ to confirm that Jack had indeed been in London visiting with him. And she did it to Daniel, by accusing him of having an affair with Theresa (to hurt HER), and now, she accuses Daniel of having a thing with Kristen.

Jennifer is also a stalker who doesn't know when to stop harassing people. When Jack died saving their daughter, Jennifer barely shed a tear, before she proceeded to harass a very pregnant Nicole. And not once did Jennifer take part of the blame for the fiasco that followed. Nope, she was too busy shining her crown, as were all the good Salem citizens.

She's also a very controlling woman. She keeps following Daniel around, barging in on him, deciding what's best for him, what he should think, what he should do, how he should do it (the hand tremor thing was horrible as she never once stopped to take Daniel's wishes and worries into consideration) and when Daniel doesn't do what she wants, she does it herself, thus she told Eric about Nicole's lies.

Seriously, if Jennifer were a man, she would be perceived as a violent abuser. But since she's Jennifer Horton, I guess she can do as she pleases. :beat:

I just wish we could get rid of this horrible character that is now Jennifer, for good.

Jen's insistence on Daniel telling her some things is completely out of order. First, he is a doctor, and anything in re: a patient is confidential, and Theresa was a patient. It was Jen who did not trust, and believed the worst.
Next, he is a friend, who gives his word not to divulge something told to him in confidence. Again, Jen wanted him to do so, and would not accept that he could not.
Yes, JJ greatly respects Daniel, looks up to him and trusts him. Jen should be glad her son has someone like that, but no......again, she doesn't trust the man to give good advice or guidance, and did not believe him when he told her he urged JJ to tell his mother.

It's ridiculous how demanding she is toward Daniel. He doesn't owe her anything. She's the one who has jerked him around for the last, what, 3-4 years now? Her kids are grown, she shouldn't have any say in who they choose to confide in. She doesn't listen, she never has, and that's a huge reason why her kids don't come to her about things.

I was completely dumbfounded watching Jennifer rage at Daniel like a total lunatic. Not once did she stop to actually hear what he was trying to tell her, the maniac just kept talking over him and throwing out such wild accusations.

My head was hurting seeing her jump to so many different conclusions about Daniel and claiming he is doing these things to punish her. Daniel does not spend his days plotting to hurt and punish her for not trusting and believing in him. Is she self-centered or what?

Jennifer should be glad that JJ has found a male confidant that he is comfortable in being able to turn to give him a male perspective on what he is going through and have patience to know that he will turn to her when he is ready to do so and stop blaming Daniel for JJ not coming to her at this time even though Daniel encouraged him to talk to his mother, it is not his fault that JJ isn't ready to talk to her.

I agree with everything said thus far and have only to add that Jennifer really should not be allowed to continue to work at the Hospital since she can't keep her personal affairs out of the office, and she's constantly trying to get Daniel to divulge privileged information.

I never liked this pairing and nothing the writers have ever done has made me root for them. I really hope this umpteenth breakup (seriously, has anyone counted their breakups? LOL) is the final one.

Nope, I'm with Jen on this one -- although I think she's using the JJ/Daniel thing as a cover for her real beef, which is these clandestine meetings with Kristen. All he'd have to do is reveal to her why he's even talking with the town villainess, and Jen would totally be on board. But no, Dr. Dan's reverted to his egotistical, "I'm the only one who can fix this" side. And maybe his "love the one you're with" side as well.

Many have been complaining about the Jen/Daniel romance as being boring and a downer -- seems like the writers have found a way to break them up for good. I'm hoping they have a new dude (Rafe seems to be available) waiting in the wings for her.

Daniel does not owe Jenn any explanation of why he's had conversations wth Kristen since they have not been together for months. He also owes Jenn no details of things JJ discussed with him in confidence since JJ is an adult. And by law no patient information can be divulged. Jenn is deluded to thinking that she is owed these things when their relationship is long since over.

I think that Jennifer is hurt and jealous, and that's why she's acting irrationally. She's hurt that Daniel shares secrets with others and won't break confidences to tell her. She's jealous that JJ has a good relationship with Daniel while her's is in the dumps. All that makes her act like a fool, and her mom will humble her a bit. But it will be too late, because of the irrational, foolish things she said to him.

I wasn't terribly invested in this couple, but I did - at first - think that they might do well together. The Daniel/Jack thing for JJ was enough to be a decent, if predictable, story, but all the back and forth really has become too much. Especially since it has almost totally been over misunderstandings and assumptions! You'd think they'd learn...

Back