Oh, put a sock in it, Doug!

SarahBeth

Reaction score
I always love seeing Doug but today was an exception. His little "don't hurt my daughter" bit was nauseating. It's Hope who is the one who has strung Rafe along and kept him at arm's length. She hurt him. Unfortunately Rafe just keeps begging for scraps from her. Barf, barf and barf!

I have to agree that the fault for the "break" was Hope's. However, Doug's warning probably means that his darling daughter is going to be hurt soon, as the Sami/Rafe roll in the hay will probably come out in some way.

Hope has no claim of hurt over Rafe and Sami's night together. Engagement broken, ring returned and away from each other they went. Boo hoo if Hope finds out. She has herself to blame so Doug has no standing to be upset at Rafe if and when it's revealed. Doug's statement was lame. It just gets me that nobody in the writing room says "that is too lame, it's embarrassing to write such a dumb scene".

The thing is, Days has been cutting scenes, and putting together scenes.....well, there could have been more said, who knows. The editing has been rather odd. Heck, there have been spoiler pics, but when we see the show they are from.......the scenes are not there!

that is too lame, it's embarrassing to write such a dumb scene
From the writers' room that witnessed the Hate Boink, the "changed" EJ, and even possessions and Melaswen, nothing is too dumb. I can't imagine a Days writer at this point even thinking this, sadly. (For the record, I completely agree with your assessment.)

Back