Out on a limb here

Moira

Reaction score
I have been keeping up and not feeling the love for Abby. This story is more ludicrous than Jade being pregnant. Jade, I believe, is carrying her father's (step-father's??) child. Sure she proved pregnant but they just moved her right in the old homestead. By the way, Joey looking catatonic all the time is more annoying than his whining. I cannot believe I said that out loud, in print. :OT: but I digress.

Abby's story, Laura keeping the death of a child secret from the child's mother who is her daughter? (That was interesting to try to write). AND Jennifer got mad for a NY minute and then fell in line and said she understood. I would not have been so quick. The death of a child is gut wrenching and heartbreaking. It did not matter how Abby needed her space, Jennifer could have known, Chad could have known, that was wrong on too many levels.

I know one thing for absolute certain, Jennifer will lose contact with Thomas once Abigail drops the bomb that Jen knew and brought Thomas to her, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. JJ is not going to lie anymore but he knows Abby is alive and hasn't told Chad. I want to poke Laura, and her breathy plaintive requests for understanding, right in the eye.

Is all this dragging everything out for the sake of filling in the story where John was centered. I know he is gone for awhile but these fillers are like watching paint dry. Everything is happening at night again, it seems. Dull and drudgery. People with small children going out late at night, just for a night at the Salem Inn.

The whole show feels off kilter. Nothing really blends. We had all this "get the whole town together to stop the psycho convicts" then back to sappy lame stories without a hint of true romance. The Keystone Cops-esque story at the wedding was beyond mindless. Someone referred to it as the "Graduate". [Puhleez, "Katherine Ross as the bride calling "Benjamin" to Dustin Hoffman above banging on the glass looking like Jesus on the cross was epic.] This ranks with the rodeo at Jack and Jennifer's wedding.

Suddenly emails Stefano wrote may have a clue to freeing Hope? Just so she can be with Rafe? Claire shoving her relationship with Theo in Ciara's face all the time. Still narcissistic but also obtuse.

I was very disappointed in the exit storyline for Theresa. It was so convoluted and supposedly so convincing to Brady. The excess showed me all the flaws in it. I just couldn't feel it.

Again, I am sure I am out here on a limb freezing by myself. Don't hate me. Just my opinions.

Hey, we all have opinions, some are the same as yours, Moira, and some differ. While I really hate the dragging out of Abby in the attic story, the actress gave a really good, informative interview to Michael Fairman. The link is in the week of Dec. t tweet thread. And she has been doing a fabulous job of portraying Abby, despite the repetitious conversations. LOL

There ARE major storylines going on, usually the show has 3. Where I give credit is Salemites are no longer isolated within particular "bubbles" as they are called. They are out among other people. Theo is with his dad and Valerie, then with Ciara, and finally with Claire. All different stories, tho Claire is getting involved in the Theo vs. Valerie thing.

The two girls are interacting with Grampa Vic, who later is with his brother Deimos. And that one earlier got involved down at the prison with the women

Chad is not stuck in DiMansion, but is out at the Horton house, is in the park or square with Gabi, and the kids, is with Andre, with Kate.

There is more but it all points to the same thing,

I do not dislike the actress playing Abigail. This story, after all the anguish we went through with Chad, is heartless. Laura's behavior is reprehensible as a mother.

I believe there are multiple storylines ongoing but, in my opinion, they are not riveting and interesting for the most part. How many out of wedlock pregnancies do we really need? Then they take Jade at her word that Joey is the dad. Mom is a physician and administrator and Dad is a detective It would be nice to see them flesh out that instead of this 'my boy is a stand-up dude". They would be fact checking more than a positive result.

Chad goes out of the DiMansion but often with Gabi or runs into Gabi. They only other person he sees regularly is Kate and occasionally Andre. I don't get his trust in them.

Claire in the Abe and Valerie affair is like asking TinkerBelle to respond. She isn't very mature. Theo is more mature. Claire talking about getting money from John is a bit stupid. Then she tries to go all sassy pants on Jade. It just doesn't fly with me.

I like this Abigail. Of course, I miss Kate Mansi (ex-Abby). I just wish they weren't dragging out her storyline so long.

Claire gets on my nerves, and I think Theo and Ciara should be together.

The secrets and lies on this show are entirely ridiculous and each leads to another disaster. Now, JJ has promised never to lie to Gabi again. She is going to be furious when she finds out he is keeping Abigail's secret. This scenario is always repeated, with people keeping secrets to help someone, then getting burned for keeping the secret. It always backfires. And, it's a repeat of the same old storyline redone again and again and again. Annoying and boring. Nicole was keeping Chloe's secret. Now Philip is doing the same. Sheesh.

Ah, but while JJ is promising to be totally honest with Abby....she has not revealed the impromtu kiss fest between her & Chad, has she?

Good point, although I think you meant Gabi. Well, they rhyme!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, you got me. Did mean Gabi..........LOLOL

Difference, to me is, when Gabi kissed Chad she and JJ were broken up. Broken up due to JJ cheating, so does she really owe it to JJ to tell him?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back