Paige

lonewriter

Reaction score
I'm really starting not to like Paige, I think she's really dumb. Between Eve and that stuck-up mean girlfriend, Mary Beth, the girl doesn't seem to think for herself. Every time Mary Beth or Eve trash talk JJ, she gets this dumb look on her face like she is thinking, "what if they are right?" Then she decides they are wrong but does the same thing again. I wish she would just go to Stamford; JJ can do better.

Completely agree. She is so stupid! One minute she has doubts about JJ and the next she doesn't, then the cycle starts all over again...with her staying on the soap, I think this relationship will become as tried and tired as Jennifer and Daniel. Why is she even still friends with Mary Beth? She repeatedly told her to stop trashing JJ or else. Same goes for JJ and Rory...I hope JJ realizes Rory is right and dumps sanctimonious Paige, and is able to move on.

I do find it intriguing that they live in Cousin Joan's apartment, but that cousin is really invisible, isn't she?

I agree about Paige & Mary Beth.....but I would really like to know why Mary Beth is so intent on trashing JJ every time she sees him. Same goes for Rory, who seems so insistent on getting JJ back into the "party" scene.

Lonewriter, you summed up perfectly what drives me nuts about Paige. The things MaryBeth says are SO out of left field that it's ridiculous. Seriously, if JJ was so horrible, would Daniel let him near little Parker? Geez. Paige seems afraid to trust her own feelings, which is not good, and I don't want to see Daniel and Jen - the junior edition.

I'm glad Paige stood up to MaryBeth but then she had that stupid look on her face afterwards, ruining it, and making me wish Daniel would hurry up and get back there. With the mood he was in during today's episode, I'd love to have seen what would happened if he'd overheard MaryBeth's nonsense, even though I think JJ and Paige need to work it out themselves.

As far as Rory goes, I think the writers are trying--and in my opinion failing--to show that Rory fears that JJ is going to outgrow their friendship. Unfortunately the way they're going about it is making Rory extremely one-dimensional. It's a shame because there was so much potential with Rory basically being a good friend to JJ but also a stoner, and having a mom who had given up on him.

I don't recall Mary Beth ever being friends with Bev. She has always been with Paige.

I said this when they first brought the character on but after today's scenes I'm more sure of it. I think her dad is already in Salem and it wouldn't surprise me if it turned out to be Daniel due to an egg baby or drunken one night stand.

I also still want to know the tie to Jordan and Ben. All the Ben/Kevin mentions are not coincidental.

Eve has yet to meet/see Clyde, Jordan, Ben. It is conceivable that if Eve took off, and Ben(Ollie) was very young, she might not recognize him grown up. Just as Kate did not recognize her own small children when grown (Austin & Billie) But we really do not know for sure that Eve/Paige are connected in any way to anyone in Salem.

Other than the very rare smile and giggle like we saw yesterday, it seems as though the actress' ability in emotional facial expressions is extremely limited. Most of the time she's either making a blank look (the dumb one) or looks like she's about to puke or is holding back some really bad gas.

While her story has been BORING I think that someone with more spark and spunk could have made it a interesting. I just hope that they don't hold on to her any longer than they have to the way they did with Dylan Patton (former Will).

But with them taping so far ahead, this is another mistake that can't be corrected any time soon. But you would think that the professionals would recognize when an actor isn't what they hoped for and would either get rid of the character (didn't Willow Stark have a brother that was on about 4 episodes and then just dropped) or replace them.

As for Rory I think he's got T syndrome. He's a supporting character played by a talented actor that if written for could really shine. Both Rory and T have loads of personality.

Eve has yet to meet/see Clyde, Jordan, Ben. It is conceivable that if Eve took off, and Ben(Ollie) was very young, she might not recognize him grown up. Just as Kate did not recognize her own small children when grown (Austin & Billie) But we really do not know for sure that Eve/Paige are connected in any way to anyone in Salem.

Paige has made it clear that both she and Eve saw Ben in Miami at the diner "last year". She even discussed it with Eve.

My great grandson is only 18 and he and his girlfriend are quite serious. Have been together 3 or 4 years. Back in the dark ages, when I was in high school (very small town) several couples dated through their school years and got married and stayed married till death did them part.

HOWEVER. I do think it would be more fun if the young people were more normal and were doing the things kids really do.

I agree that we need to see more normal kid activities, not just hanging around doing nothing.

Whether JJ and Paige are "meant" to be together long term remains to be seen, but I do think it's realistic that they think they are. When my sister was in high school, every single one of her boyfriends was "the one," and my experience with kids that age is that they tend to think that way, whether it's justified or not.

I will tell you all that there was a gal in the neighborhood in which I grew up in Chicago, that had this boyfriend a year or two older. She was in 6th grade, and they "liked" each other then, and when she was in high school, senior year, he was in the service, so she went to prom with some guy, but never dated anyone else. Every now and then, someone will mention them, which is how I know. They eventually married, moved to California where he went into business. He is retired now, they are still married, very much still in love. So, I guess it does happen. Think nowadays it is more rare though. Both Paige & JJ are in lst year college, so it would not be unusual for them to be an item. Their stumbling block is going to be Eve, who wants them far, far apart.

Back