Pet Peeves

On Days, have seen Kate, Hope with 3 fingers one color and 2 a different color.

That is incorrect. When there is a big height difference between two (or more) actors, and they want them to all fit into the shot better, they just have the shorter ones stand on "apple boxes" (small wooden crates of varying sizes/heights). Of course, those are for the shots where their feet aren't shown. But most shows just want to put the ladies in sky high heels because they think it's sexy.
They don't use apple boxes on Days because of the one take rule. The actors need to be able to move and emote during the scene. Multiple cameras shoot the scene from different angles, but they only do it once. If they had to move the apple box around they would have to do multiple takes of the same scene to make sure that the blocking and the shot were correct. It would cost a lot of money and time to do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree. If Brady (or any addict) wants to find whatever fuels his addiction, he will find it. People should not have to hide booze to keep Brady away from it.

I'll agree to disagree with you. I have dealt with an alcoholic family and been in an anonymous program. Maggie, of all people, should know to hide it. It's like if you don't know about a certain program, don't write it in. And you mention that, but alcohol has really been normalized too much in society, and your concept only makes sense with alcohol.

If Victor had a bunch of coke laying around in his living room, oh no, it's wrong, that'd be illegal. That's the problem with society, and why we have so many cases of alcoholism. It's normal for one when both are just as heinous to the body. Why I am happy at least Days is really showing the ugly side of alcohol with Lucas. In the past, it's been glamorized heavily in soaps.

Last edited:
My pet peeve is how no one ever has a cold or the flu. Either they're 100% healthy or BAM! random, incurable disease no one has ever heard of.

Also the lack of scars. Jennifer and Brady having no scars despite having heart transplants is absurd. My cousin had heart surgery as a newborn and at 32 she still has the scar.

I don't think one has to "hide" alcohol in a home. But, I have never liked the little bar carts in the living rooms. I always felt for the servants who had to keep the ice buckets/bowls filled, making sure none were melting. LOL

I understand how new writers don't always want to "remember" the fact that a character should have a scar, but the fact is, huge story. And if we had to suffer thru a year or two of Daniel's name being mentioned constantly, being mourned, etc. then Daniel's heart being in Brady's chest should have been memorialized with a scar. Heck, all these years later, my gallbladder scar still shows. LOL

On B&B, there was a big storyline in which a character took his own life so his dying sister could have his heart. I can't remember the specifics at the moment, but I think he accidentally shot her and she needed a heart transplant as a result. Sometimes she has a scar, other times, her chest is as smooth as a baby's behind.

Another thing that's annoying is that Brady would be taking powerful anti-rejection drugs, which should never be mixed with alcohol. Then again, maybe Daniel's heart was so magical that Brady doesn't need anti-rejection drugs. :rolleyes:

Claire would also be on anti-rejection drugs for life since she has Zack's liver.

I have dealt with an alcoholic family and been in an anonymous program. Maggie, of all people, should know to hide it.
I don't drink alcohol, and never have; however, I have had to "watch my weight" all my adult life. I don't think anyone should have to hide food just to keep me from overeating. That should be my problem, not someone who can control their food intake. Why should Maggie have to hide alcohol from Brady? She's an addict too. I don't feel sorry for any addict, whether it's about alcohol, drugs, sex, food or anything else. Unless someone has poured the substance down their throats or given them injections against their will, they did it to themselves. A few months ago, someone was soliciting "likes" on Facebook for being sober for three years. Big deal! I responded that I had been sober for 76 years!

I do get it, ErasofDiMeras, and commend you on your efforts. I wish you well, but it is, after all, up to you. :)

I have to be on guard all the time; otherwise, you might see me featured on My 600 lb Life. I think about food MOST of the time. I have to fast for 12 hours beginning at midnight tonight for a blood test tomorrow. It will be hard, but I WILL do it, and I won't hide any food from myself.

Last edited:
I apologize, sensitive subject clearly, I transformed into sourpuss Eric for a second LOL.

Another pet peeve is that same double door office set they can't seem to let go of on Days. So far I think Jennifer, Kayla, Eric/Nicole, Anjelica, Dario, and Hope have all had that same set dressed up in a different way. They should retire another set and bring back the Titan office set.

Back