Pet Peeves

This is probably kind of a strange one but mine is tall women like Nicole and Valarie are always in heels. They just seem to tower over everyone especially when most of the women in the cast like Hope, Gabi and Abigail are on the petite side.

It's particularly jarring in scenes with Valarie and Abe. I don't know why it bothers me but it does a little bit. Maybe it's because I'm only 5'9" myself. I said this was kind of a strange one. LOL

I agree, Troy. Valerie kind of freaks me out. She's got to be at least 6 feet tall, and wears 4" heels. And I'm not sure if some of those outfits are befitting a surgeon.

I am 5'9 as well. Troy, I don't believe it has anything to do with our height, I've dated women 4'9" through 6'1".

Last edited:
She's got to be at least 6 feet tall, and wears 4" heels. And I'm not sure if some of those outfits are befitting a surgeon.
Valerie shouldn't be barred from wearing heels because she's tall. It's not like flats are going to hide that fact. When did the fashion police dictate how a surgeon should dress? She probably wears scrubs when she's on duty.

I am 5'8 and I feel self conscious in heels at times. Bea Arthur on The Golden Girls was also very tall and you never saw her wear heels on the show. I think it's just a matter of personal preference.

My pet peeve is how no one ever has a cold or the flu. Either they're 100% healthy or BAM! random, incurable disease no one has ever heard of.

This has been my pet peeve for years. This is an easy way to create couple angst or add some temporary humor without resorting to plot devices.

Days has their females wearing heels in improbable situations. Remember Sami running after that guy in the square, chasing him, her heels clicking (Dancing lady was there) on the tiles? In prime time, the female cops/agents are chasing and tackling bad guys, and they are not in heels, so.....no wonder Hope only waves her gun around. Or the female cops are only in the squad room, in their lovely high heels.

Back