Peter Pan Live

Heather4CU

Reaction score
I know a lot of us watched the Sound of Music Live last year so I was wondering if anyone was going to watch the Peter Pan Live musical next week? It stars Allison Williams as Peter and Christopher Walken as Captain Hook and apparently has some folks from Sound of Music too.

There is a Behind the Scenes special on NBC tonight at 8pm EST. It does look like they are using the same sets from Sound of Music. It is being broadcast from the same soundstage.

Here is an article with some more info: http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/fiv...l-reveal-in-making-of-documentary-1201365400/

OK I'm sold! I watched the preview show tonight and the music and cast seem amazing!

Though I'm a little upset it sounds like they aren't releasing the soundtrack this year.

Ditto. Loved hearing and watching how they "did" Tinkerbell. It is one thing to film something like this, but they are so excited about the LIVE aspect. Christopher Walken as Capt. Hook is a stitch. The kids all said he was so amazing, and did something different each time they ran a scene. LOL Keeps them on their toes. LOL

They did that with Sound of Music. I wonder how
many were sold since NBC repeated it.

I don't know but must have been enough to justify having a Peter Pan DVD. At the very least they should put the music on iTunes. I actually bought the Sound of Music DVD and a digital copy. It's good for long flights. In hindsight, I should have just bought the digital copy.

When I get my TV schedule for next week, I'll find out time
it starts to tape it. I enjoyed Sound of Music.

They did a couple of numbers from the Peter Pan show during the Macy's Parade on Thursday. Actually, I do love all the musical numbers from Broadway shows that are done during that Parade. They did one with the Pirates.......and another with the kids....."I Won't Grow Up".

I missed the parades this year. :(

:OT: My cousin's husband is very ill from agent orange during the Vietnam War. He was moved from his hospital bed to the couch right before I got there around 10:00 a.m. He had football and football related shows on the tv all day. That was ok, the poor guy couldn't sit at the table or eat any of the Thanksgiving meal with everyone else.

Redsquirrel: The Behind the Scenes show as well as other cast videos are up on the NBC site

Really enjoyed this! Allison Williams has an amazing voice I'm glad they decided to release a CD as well.

What did everyone else think?

Two thumbs up for Peter Pan. Allison Williams has a fabulous voice. Loved the show. It seemed more polished than The Sound of Music was.
Loved the two little Darling boys. Yikes, the little one did a great job of staying on that top bunk. Kudos to him for figuring out how to hook his dangling leg on to the other leg to keep it up. Also to the older boy for reaching over to help hold him up. Yep, I was watching them while Wendy was singing her lullaby song.

:OT: I'm going to see a local playhouse production of the original stage musical of The Sound of Music this Sunday with my red hat ladies. I'll see how it compares to the tv version.

I agree about Allison's voice, and the "flying" was really fantastic. The two little brothers were perfect. I really laughed at the crocodile. I did not think Captain Hook was cast well. Just my opinion. He really looked bored a lot of the time. LOL
I will confess I got bored in parts. Just me, I guess.
As an aside, I really thought the WalMart commercials were fun to watch, and well done.

Hmmm, interesting. Just was reading some articles.....and many people felt there was lipsync going on, especially with Captain Hook, and in addition, felt Hook was just not "into" the portrayal. Called his performance "lackluster". !!

Back