SPOILER !! Photo from set accidentally reveals a return

Okay, seriously? They have GOT to be more careful if they want to keep these returns a secret! This is like the third time something like this happened! Twice with Freddie Smith (Sonny), and now with James Read (Clyde).

So first we got news that Camila Banus (GabI) signed on for another year and now we get this? The heinous, hayseed from Hades is making his return? My birthday still isn't until Wednesday and I can only set back and speculate on what further bounties await!!

In all seriousness if this means tying up at least some-if not all- of the plot threads his rather lame departure left dangling then I'm okay with him coming back for a short time if that's what this is. And to be honest I've kind of missed trying to come up with different alliterative phrases in order to avoid using his name. Which I swear once again I shall never do.

I like Clyde. I love the way he says "my boy"

Reactions: YPG
Now, I am torn. I think James Read (Clyde) is a fantastic actor, and really did so well with the part. The smiling hayseed, who could do the malice threat in the blink of an eye, without missing a beat. The southern charm disappeared, and you knew you did not mess with him.

However, he is guilty of so much in Salem, I hated him being carted off to Florida for something...but at least he was in jail.

I am hoping he is appearing to give evidence on something, making a deal........but sadly, am thinking he will be revenge driven probably, for whatever he thinks befell his son. Because, of course, he will blame others for it all. And let's remember that Ben told Daddy dearest about murdering those people as the necktie killer.

Looks like there is going to be more trouble for Abby and Chad. Would recast Abby be on by the time Clyde returns you think anyone?

Last edited:
I thought they were trying to shorten up the the taping time to 5 weeks.

I've seen some sites mention that, but nothing to back it up. I think maybe the amount of "shortening" got a little exaggerated by some people. Based on certain casting calls, we already know they will continue taping in April and May, so they won't be cutting down much anytime in the next few months. Perhaps they will take off all of June/July down the road, but as of now, taping continues as usual.

Back