Prayers for Jacob

DaysLady

Reaction score
Website
www.fromthepicklejar.blogspot.com
My heart is hurting and I thought I'd come here and let you all know what's going on.

You may have seen the news about the Townville Elementary School shooting. I live just 30 minutes up the road from Townville Elementary.

A 14 year old, very troubled teen, shot and killed his father. Then walked 3 miles away to the Elementary school where 1st grade students were playing on the playground outside, and he began to shoot at them. His gun jammed, and an unarmed heroic and brave volunteer firefighter tackled him to the ground and held him there until police could arrive.

2 six year olds and 1 teacher were shot.

1 of the six year olds was shot in the foot. He is ok, and was released from the hospital just a few hours later.

The teacher, who was shielding them, was shot in the shoulder. She was treated and released also just a few hours later.

The other 6 year old is named Jacob. He was shot in the leg. The bullet hit a main artery. The tremendous loss of blood cause him to suffer both brain damage and cardiac arrest. He is currently on life support.

Our entire community is heartbroken. we are all praying and asking God to give Jacob back to us. Please. He was smiling and playing with his friends and didn't deserve any of this.

My oldest told me today, that she gave up trying out for something she really wanted to go meet her friends before school and pray at the flag pole. She is in middle school. My youngest is in 2nd grade and she has been playing inside because some kids have seen the news and are scared to go outside.

Please pray for Jacob, and pray for Townville, pray for the child that did this. Pray for us all. We are completely heartbroken here in South Carolina.

~Dayslady

Oh DaysLady, so sad, I had heard about the shooting, but chose not to read the details, and now I'm just devastated. That poor boy is the same age as my sweet Gena. Prayers for them all. :cry:

That's horrible! Prayers for all.

Some thought something was going on at my niece's high school today. Glad I didn't see it. It turns out some brats put false info on Facebook and had some parents in a panic, picking up their kids. Needless to say, those involved are in deep trouble. What is wrong with this world? In my opinion, too many turning their backs on God. :(

Thank you angels and Jesus for jamming that gun and preventing further tragedies.

DaysLady, shootings are getting too close to ones we know here.

Prayers for Jacob, his family and everyone involved.

Just read Jacob passed away. So sad. Prayers to his family, and little friends and schoolmates. May they find comfort.

Jacob Hall passed away on Saturday afternoon. He is going to have a super hero funeral on Wednesday and all are encouraged to wear something super hero that day. Jacob's favorites are Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Batman.

The Batman and Batmobile drove down from VA to participate in his funeral. I shared a video on Facebook that his mama took just a few weeks ago dropping him off at school and he looks back and says "I love you mama" and every time I play that video my heart breaks all over again. So much crying. So many tears.

All over South Carolina, everyone is heartbroken over the loss of sweet Jacob. His mother also released a statement that she forgives the child that shot Jacob. She knows Jacob loved God, and that Jacob forgives him too. She has to be the strongest person on the planet.

My heart completely breaks for Jacob and his family. That mother is one very strong woman. My prayers go out to all affected by this horrible tragedy. By the way, I saw Jacob's photo and I think his smile is contagious.

South Carolina is an amazing state to live in. All stores all over the state are completely sold out of superhero shirts and gear- and everyone is wearing them today for Jacob. Fly high "cat boy"! We love you and we will miss you and we know you are watching over all our children as they return to the playground tomorrow.

Also, we have all pulled together to help our neighbors prepare for the approaching hurricane. Keep prayers coming to SC. Today we lay to rest sweet Jacob, our very own personal superhero.

Tomorrow, Hurricane Matthew approaches. Matthew is category 4. HUGO was category 4. Matthew is expected to be the worst storm to hit SC in the last decade, possibly ever if it increases strength. I am taking my child to and from school because her bus driver is helping with evacuations. My little neck of the woods is not expected to be hit very hard by the storm, so our schools are still attending. Many of my friends and family in the lower part of the state are out of school and awaiting the storm.

Our governor, Nikki Haley, was at Jacob's funeral today and then straight into emergency mode for the hurricane. She's a busy lady. Pray for her as she works to guide our state as best as she can. I don't always agree with her politics, but I'm impressed with how well she is handling everything at the present moment.

God, please help us get through this week so we can begin to heal. South Carolina strong!

Back