Prayers for my Grandpa

DaysLady

Reaction score
Website
www.fromthepicklejar.blogspot.com
My 90 year old Grandpa, who has Alzheimer's/dementia, had a stroke this morning and has a brain bleed. My 91 year old Grandma is with him. She declined the surgery the doctors were going to offer due to their living will. My mom is traveling to be with her dad. Please pray for these things: safety for my mother's travels, comfort and healing for my Grandpa, guidance for the doctors and nurses caring for him, and strength for all of us that love him.

God's grace be with us all.

~DaysLady~

DaysLady: saying a prayer now and will continue family prayers tonight. It is always hard to be far away from loved ones at times like this but your grandparents know you love them. May the Lord comfort and strengthen you all. Blessings.

Sending prayers and love during this time to you, your family and those looking after your grandpa. God bless you all.

Thank you everyone. Here is an update on Grandpa Bob:

My aunt played his favorite song "Nearer God, to Thee" and he smiled and opened his eyes. He is alert and even cracked a joke, flirting with the pretty nurses (being a complete gentleman of course, he has always been such a sweetheart). All the nurses love him, his nurses from his nursing home love him too and check on him often. It's not often you find an Alzheimer patient that just gets nicer as the disease takes his memories, and they all love him for it. It's so nice to see people love him as much as we do, and they have only met him in the last year. A remarkable man, that Grandpa Bob!
Also - my mother made it there safely and spent the night in the hospital with her daddy.

Anyway, he can't swallow. Also due to his living will, they can't give him a feeding tube. Living will says no surgeries, no machines, no tubes.

So, specific prayers: God's will be done. If Grandpa Bob is meant to stay with us here, pray for healing so that he can swallow.

Thank you again, your prayers are all felt and appreciated.

More prayers for Uncle Bob and each of you DaysLady. Thank you for taking the time to post an update. Rejoicing with you that your mother was able to spend cherished time with your grandfather. Trusting Jesus to bless each of you.

Oh DaysLady, it's a blessing that your mom was able to arrive to spend time with him. Praying that he doesn't suffer whichever way things go.

Grandpa Bob passed away peacefully just a few hours ago. Thank you all for your prayers.

He's flying high now, playing his trombone, and probably teaching every Ohio State Buckeye song to any angel that will listen. And, already making Heaven more beautiful with his landscaping ideas and skills. I miss you Grandpa, you'll always be in my heart.

Back