Prayers for Police Officer

DaysLady

Reaction score
Website
www.fromthepicklejar.blogspot.com
It's been kind of a rough day here at the office that I work at. We were on lock down earlier, a local police officer was shot and killed just a block behind my office. (My office is in a pretty bad neighborhood.) The officer had been serving a warrant to the suspect for gang related activity and the suspect took off. Chasing the suspect on foot, the suspect turned and shot the officer several times.

The suspect was later found to have turned the gun on himself and died while other officers performed CPR trying to save him.

I'm sure it was difficult for them to do that knowing this person took the life of their brother in blue.

My heart breaks for his family. I can't release his name yet, but he leaves behind a wife and children. If you would all say a prayer for all families of slain police officers. Too many brothers in blue are losing their lives these days. Please also pray for this nation. ::):):):)(

God bless.
~Dayslady

People don't always appreciate what the police (and firefighters) deal with in the course of their duties, but I am grateful to every single one. Bless them all, and prayers for the families & friends who will be mourning this fine officer.

May God be with the family of yet another man trying to serve his community. Lord please also comfort the family of the young man that saw no way out except to take a life then end his own. Somehow this senseless violence needs to stop.
:(

OK - I have quite a few more details to share. Officer Jacobs had 2 sons and a baby girl on the way. His new bride is not the mom of the 2 boys but has been raising them for a while now and the boys want to stay with her, but the biological mother has to be located first for them to be legally adopted. Bio-mom has not been in the picture for some time now, but when they find her, she may take the boys. So these sweet boys not only lost their dad, but might possibly lose their home, their stepmom that has been raising them, and their friends at school if mom lives far away.

Please pray over this situation, thank you. We are all devastated.

Also, turns out a friend of mine that I grew up with was Officer Jacob's former partner, and they were sworn in on the same day and began work together.

I didn't know Officer Jacobs personally, but I have many friends that did and all of us are heartbroken. The community is already showing amazing support, even the family of the young man that killed him is praying for him. They also need prayers, they can't afford a funeral and are trying to raise money. The kid was only 17 and was a self admitted gang member; after shooting Officer Jacobs, who was an officer trying to help kids like him in this area, he had shot himself. Such a sad situation for them as well, and these are our neighbors behind my office.

Prayers for all. I hope god will help everyone involved.

Back