Prayers needed for our own Lovo (aka Lovogrif)

It's with great sadness that I must share that Lois' son Frank posted on Facebook a few moments ago, that Lois passed away around 11:00 this morning.

Here's his post "My mom passed away peacefully shortly after 11:00 this morning, 1 day short of her 84th birthday. Hospice took good care of her."

So sad. We know each other as "the other Lois" -- and collectively we are "the loi". In addition to sharing our first names, we also share a love of fresh garden peas. Each year I let her know when I have planted my peas and keep her posted on their progress. When I "harvest" my first bowl of fresh, yummy peas, I send her a picture so she can enjoy them vicariously. This year I will plant them on her birthday -- in her honor.

Edited to add: I was typing the above, not knowing that she had passed this morning. Though we never met in person, I will miss her.

Thank you for posting the sad news, Amanda. I couldn't get myself composed enough to do it. Typing now through my tears.

I posted on Lois' Facebook this morning that I was sending her birthday squirrelly hugs a day early even though I knew she wouldn't be able to read the post. Now, I won't be able to make her birthday call tomorrow.

Our dear lovo with her birthday cake last year.

12705540_10207027781271584_7254065432555157898_n.jpg

Heartbroken. Never got to meet her, but man did I love her!

I imagine she rode her scooter to the sky. She always said she was going to put wings on it and fly down to see me so we could share some Shipley's donut. I will eat a lemon one in her honor this weekend.

RIP Lovo!

My heart is broken. She was truly such a wonderful friend to me. She had this huge Teddy Bear that kept her company, sitting on the sofa all the time. And the kindest heart. God rest her soul, won't forget you, Lois. She always celebrated Christmas with a "Happy birthday, Jesus" cake. Happy Birthday to you, my dear, dear friend.

Lovo has been in my prayers this week as well as her family. Our little soap opera forum will be minus one angel. Her family remains in my heartfelt prayers. RS thanks for posting a picture of our sweet Lovo.

I'm so sorry to hear this. Bless her family. Prayers and condolences to her family and friends.

It is the weirdest thing. The last couple of days when I get in my car I smell donuts. I haven't had donuts in my car in probably 6 months. Me and Lovo always talked about Shipleys donuts and we "meet" on the Donut thread here. Just weird, yet comforting!

Back