prison mate

DaysLady

Reaction score
Website
www.fromthepicklejar.blogspot.com
I don't know what else to title this thread, or I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere.

But one of my favorite music groups of all time was TLC and my girl T-boz, the T in TLC, is going to be on Days on Monday 12/5/2016 as one of the girls in prison with Hope.

Eeek, I'm so excited! I just happened to be on twitter and saw her tweet "look for me on Days on 12/5/16". I was like whhhhhaaaaaatt?????? I usually just read the summaries due to lack of time. But I'm gonna make time for Monday's episode. AND she said "BACK on Days". Ok, Jason, what other episode was she on? Was it just this past week? I need to go to YouTube and look it up.

https://twitter.com/TheRealTBOZ

I noticed her, but the stupidest thing of all was Deidre Hall playing a clone of Marlena. Talk about reaching tooooooooo far. How insulting to my intelligence and supposing most of you. :beat::fan::eek::whack: ShaSha

Deidre Hall (Marlena) is playing an actual former character, Hattie Adams, not a clone. She played Hattie back during the Salem Stalker storyline (instead of bringing in her twin sister, Andrea Hall Gengler, who had originated the role).

Personally, I think it's great to see her playing Hattie again. It connects us with some Days' history, and it's fun to see Deidre Hall acting very un-Marlenalike.

I also was glad to see the actress playing that role again. (I saw the actress in a Hallmark movie and her character there was exactly like Marlena, in my opinion) so this was refreshing. I know it was fun for her.

Hattie was a memorable character from some years ago, and am glad the show remembers some of it's history.

Actually, Hattie has just sort of come into view, and then vanish into the streets a couple of times, with no one even mentioning her name.........until she shows up again. LOL, she is a kick, for sure.

Do y'all remember when Dr. Rolf operated on poor Hattie? He didn't use anesthesia during her surgery.

Reactions: jgk
Personally, I think it's great to see her playing Hattie again. It connects us with some Days' history, and it's fun to see Deidre Hall acting very un-Marlenalike.
I had the same thoughts about Deidre Hall (Marlena). Playing Hattie must be a fun change from playing the controlled, refined Dr. Marlena Evans whose Salem detractors have accused her of being smug, pretentious, and self-satisified. Similarly, Galen Gering (Rafe) must have found playing lowlife Fake Rafe an interesting change from being the perpetual good guy. Other identical possibilities:

RJ: JJ's long-lost cousin who's a real ladies man and an up-and-comer in organized crime;

Tuscan: Roman's long-lost lounge-lizard cousin who dresses in a silk smoking jacket, smokes a pipe, and gets many kisses (and more) every day of the week.

Penny: Jenny's long-lost cousin who's always polite, never loses her temper, never raises her voice, never wears sleeveless dresses, and actually goes to work.

You could tell Kristian Alfonso (Hope) was trying not to laugh in those scenes.

Deidre Hall (Marlena/Hattie) does stand up comedy recreationally so this must have been so much fun for her. In every interview I've read, she refers to playing Hattie as comedy.

I wish I could find that interview to post. She mentioned that Kristian Alfonso (Hope) had to hold back her laughter. She got to ad-lib so Kristian didn't know what Deidre Hall (Marlena/Hattie) was going to do/say. She also mentioned the stand up comedy.

OMG!! How did I miss that was T-Boz....ooooh I remember "Waterfalls" from TLC when I was younger! How awesome, thanks for pointing that out!

As for Hattie Adams, I absolutely LOVE her! I am just so shocked and highly impressed the writers did not rewrite anything at all in regards to Hattie's storyline. It has stayed frozen exactly the way it is portrayed on YouTube from Hattie being accused of being the Salem Stalker. Finally Days has consistency.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back