Question

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Am wondering just how useful/or maybe the word is necessary/anticipated are the summaries/recaps? I get the feeling that folks look elsewhere for them, or don't necessarily need them. They take a lot of time, and while I really try my best, and get great help from other posters, am just wondering if perhaps, Spectator recaps is not first choice?? Wish I could still get them Day Ahead, but the show no longer supports that venue.
How do YOU feel?

I anticipate the summary so much I can't wait until time for it to be up, lol. If I'm busy, I read it as soon as I can and I love reading the comments about the daily show, especially since I have to watch online the next morning. I know it's a lot of work, but I do appreciate all you do to keep it going. If it's too much for you, Poirot, I'll live without it. I'd miss it, though.

I never read about Days anywhere else so I look forward to reading the summaries each day. I never watch the show without reading them first. I nearly always watch the show but if for some reason I don't, I still come here and read the summary anyway. I do appreciate them and would miss them, but I could understand if it got to be too much or if for any reason you felt you'd rather not do it anymore.

OMG if these summaries went away I would probably just give up following DOOL altogether. I was set to do that 20 years ago and then found whatever the previous version of this site was (on AOL? I don't even remember now). Linda and Laynie and somebody else and then Barb ... it's the only reason I still follow. Due to that I still watched from time to time when your summaries suggested a story was heating up but even that ended with the hate boink.

I look forward to your summaries every day, Barb, and to those who sub as well. Yes, I've checked out the competition and nobody holds a candle. I could totally understand if you're burnt out on this. But this site is ALWAYS my first choice and usually my only choice.

I read your summaries to decide if it is worth turning the TV on the days I have time to watch; otherwise, this is my only site for reading the daily summaries.

This is also how I operate on long workdays. I also refer to the back-catalogue of summaries in order to find certain events, episodes, etc.

And when the show takes a turn and I stop watching it live - I depend on the summaries to find worthwhile scenes and keep up with the show, while also keeping my lunch down. :)

I appreciate the work you do putting these together - ×∞.

I use them as a backup source, if I can't watch the episode for whatever reason, and even use them to find certain past events, etc. I do understand they would be time-consuming, and certainly think it's worth trying a rotation before completely giving them up. However, I would also understand if not doing them is your decision. Thanks for the many years of work and effort in doing the summaries!

While I watch the show live as I am at home right now, I do use the daily summaries when I cannot catch the show or when I was working to determine whether or not I want to watch the show. I also enjoy reading the opinions other posters have about the show.

I really appreciate your hard work and the time you put in to get the daily summaries up.

Agree with the comments above. Also, once again would like to say how much I appreciate the constitutional fortitude of you, JustSamantha, Sparkster, missharleyquinn, and others who are able to watch entire episodes of Days and are willing to share summaries with those of us who cannot (or in some cases just lack the intestinal fortitude to watch an entire hour during these Dark Years).

This is the only Days site that I belong to or read. Since my recorder died, I can only watch Days if I'm not working / don't have appointments on a Friday.
( I do receive Jason47's and DeidreHall's (Marlena) Facebook posts, but no recaps.)

My dear friend, Poirot, thank you for all of your time and effort for many years writing recaps here and on other sites. It has been an amazing journey through time. I completely understand if you wish to discontinue them.

Poirot, this is the only Days site I post comments on about the show.

I like reading the summary after I watch. Then I decide what to post.

I like the idea of people taking turns. This will give you a break. Maybe
you should take a week off and have others do it for awhile. :)

I don't watch the show, so your recaps keep me informed! I do go to other boards to read what the viewers are saying about a SL, and or characters, but NEVER for summaries. I commend you Barb for sitting through some of these SL day after day, and I understand why you would like to take a break, these ARE NOT the DAYS we first started watching many years ago! Thanks for all your hard work!

Back