Questions about Aiden

Mr. Continuity

Reaction score
I'm confused about Aiden. He came back as a victim and now is an evil predator. Are the writers making this up as they are going along? Are we supposed to sympathize with him or hate him? It has been spoiled that Aiden will realize he is working with the worst kind of devil, Andre. Will that change him?

He is acting like the guy who stole his identity and was killed by Bo. (Same grin) Is he trying to impress Hope or alienate her more? I missed the last scenes with Chase. It doesn't seem like Aiden is putting any energy toward Chase. (And why didn't Chase tell Aiden that Andre encouraged him to force himself on Ciara?) So many questions and there are probably few answers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may be wrong, but I have a feeling that Aiden is doing this to show-up the Salem in-crowd that has rejected him, and wants to make them really sweat. After all, in Wednesday's episode, he revealed that he's got the unequal, unfair Salem scene all figured out, saying: "friends cover for friends," and "with the right connections -- people get away with murder." So far he's infuriated Salem insiders by taking the job of one of its friends, Justin Kiriakis, and by successfully pressuring another insider, the remarkably pliant Mayor Carver, into making him D.A. He can now sit back and laugh to himself as his enemies, Rafe and Roman, impotently fume over the situation, while worrying that at any moment he might drop the hammer on Hope for Stefano's murder. The Phoenix would be impressed. If he was still around, he might say: "Ah, remarkable work, Jennings. Are you sure that you aren't one of my previously-unknown sons?"

When Aiden was brought back, I did honestly think that the show regretted throwing him under the bus the way they did, in order to provide closure for Bo Brady. They started out well enough, we saw how he had been "exchanged", held prisoner, etc. etc. and it was his look alike who was killed. But then he told the first lie, that he was taken right after the proposal....and it has been downhill for the character ever since. I don't understand at all why they bothered having him return.

However, Daniel Cosgrove, who plays Aiden, is a very good actor, so it is amazing to watch him go from good guy to bad guy so easily.

Right now, he has made sure his son is in a mental hospital rather than jail, and seems to be more or less ignoring him, since he feels he is safer there.

And it WAS Andre who suggested that a "position of power" would be beneficial to him. So, am sure Andre will be asking favors and making more "suggestions" to Aiden.

The writers missed the boat with EJ as mayor, but Aiden as D.A. could make a quality villain. EJ and Stefano were known far and side as DiMera criminals, but only Salem's insiders know to full story of Aiden's evil deeds. To the rest of Salem, he'd look like a handsome, honest attorney who's well qualified to take over a job that's sadly lacked integrity, experience and expertise. Accordingly, Aiden could burnish his reputation with the public by prosecuting Salem's run-of-the-mill criminals, while casting a dark shadow over the in-crowd who fear that he could expose their past criminality and hypocrisy any time he wishes. Imagine the kind of letters that Mayor Abe might be getting from clueless Salemites.

Dear Mayor Carver,

Thank you so much for appointing the nice Aiden Jennings as district attorney. At last our city will have a man who's up to the job. No more fools like that awful Charles Woods or a tool of Victor Kiriakis like that unqualified Justin person. My kitties and I will sleep soundly at night knowing that Mr. Jennings is there protecting us from Salem's many criminals.

Sincerely,
Salem Cat Lady

Scratching my head here. I thought the DA was an elected position, and if impeached the Assistant DA stepped into the position until next election.
Hey it's Salem. He probably didn't even need to go to law school. :rotfl:

I had high hopes when they brought back Aiden because I really like Daniel Cosgrove. I liked him and Hope. I wish they would have just had him step aside for awhile and let Hope deal with Bo dying. And then have her be so glad that she had him her life. This time last year DOOL was telling us oh new writers great stuff coming and this year they are saying the exact same thing! I hope they aren't lying to us this time.

Scratching my head here. I thought the DA was an elected position, and if impeached the Assistant DA stepped into the position until next election.
In New York if a county district attorney resigns, the governor appoints a successor, generally the top assistant. A new D.A. is then chosen in the next regularly-scheduled election. However, the Salem D.A. is presumably a city position, so theoretically Mayor Abe could appoint a successor from among all the eminently unqualified available candidates.
Hey it's Salem. He probably didn't even need to go to law school. :rotfl:
Since a district attorney theoretically has to be appear in court, he/she would need to be an admitted attorney. However, in Salem, a quickie law degree from Salem University School of Law is always available. Corrupt Judge Fitzpatrick could then admit holders of such degrees without them taking the bar exam. This means there's always hope for the apparently bored and rudderless Teen Ciara. Ciara: "Mom, Chad fired me as nanny and there are no bad boys to date. I'm so bored." Hope: Dear, how about a quickie law degree from Salem U. No college is necessary and soon after graduation, Abe could appoint you to replace that awful Aiden. Think of all the fun you'd have prosecuting people whom we don't like."

Last edited:
Hope: Dear, how about a quickie law degree from Salem U. No college is necessary and soon after graduation, Abe could appoint you to replace that awful Aiden. Think of all the fun you'd have prosecuting people whom we don't like."
Reply from Sami: WAIT one minute, here!! Why didn't anybody ever tell ME about this??? I'd like to get a quickie law degree and be the DA. I'd prosecute everybody in Salem that I HATE!! Doodyhead, life-ruiner, John Black is first on my list! Next are my stoopid sisters, Carrie and Belle. Oh, and Kate, because she's a hag and commits fashion crimes daily. And that old windbag, Victor. And, Mom, yeah, mom, because she ruined my life, too. And Harold, because he made me answer the door myself sometimes. And Nicole because she made my beloved twin turn into a drunk. And.....

Reply from Roman: Dammit, Sami!

Back