Rafe's termination

KathyLu

Reaction score
Website
www.heraldanewday.com
Yes, I'm still dwelling on the reason Rafe was fired, and it just doesn't pass the smell test for me. It seems to me that professional writers could come up with a better reason to kick Rafe off the force.

Just look at all the things Roman, Bo, Hope, John and Abe have done while on the force that were far worse than the secret Rafe kept.

Just last week, Hope learned what Aiden did to protect Chase and has vowed to keep her mouth shut. Even though it involves a child, Hope is doing the same thing Rafe did.

As with the "Things Nicole did" thread, lets remind TPTB of some of the underhanded tactics used by the ever fumbling Salem PD...both known and unknown by the Salemites. It won't change a thing, but we may have a little fun doing it, and it just might make the writers think before typing such nonsense.

His firing still isn't sitting well with me either. I'm waiting to see what repercussions Hope will face for agreeing to keep Aiden's secret if it's ever revealed, since this is happening so soon after Rafe's firing. However, I'm betting, what Chase did and Hope keeping it from the police will more than likely never be made public and Hope won't have to face any consequences.

What happened was in the State of Washington.....not Salem's jurisdiction.
Then, Hope herself admitted she already had broken a few rules back home.

However, I also think the reason for Rafe losing his job was lame indeed. His sister, Gabi is in prison now. And originally, it was Sami, Kate & Gabi together who nearly offed Nick. And other characters on Days have certainly "looked the other way" when it came to someone else doing something that wasn't right.
Heck, Hope should have made Ciara take those earrings back to the store and refunded. But instead, she let the blackmail stand, even though giving those earrings to charity. (Charity could have used the money....not expensive earrings)

Was hoping that Rafe being let go was a set up so he could work undercover or something.....but no. Lame, lame excuse.

Bo Brady a criminal? Was he ever. (My first contribution to this board back in 2011 was to start a thread entitled "Bo Brady is a Criminal.") Bo committed more felonies than the people he was supposed to arrest, which makes the reason why Rafe lost his job oh so ridiculous. On a "real" police force his actions would have gotten him in trouble, but the idea is absurd in Salem, where an ex-convict is a detective and the rest of the police force is either on the DiMera payroll or wandering around socializing?? How Rafe could stand being in the middle of all this malfeasance and incompetence after having been in the FBI was always a real mystery.

I like Rafe's attitude about the situation. Still don't understand the point for him being fired, it's not like being a cop was the only way he could find dirt on the DiMera clan. And what the heck is he doing running a club for Victor? At least let him and Nicole open a private detective business. No cats.

Didn't Bo know about Brady putting EJ in a coma:clap: (yeah, him and Theresa have nothing in common:rolleyes:) and kept it a secret? He at least knew Brady had something to do with it. I think he also arrested Nicole for it just because he wanted to and told her he could hold her for 72 hours before he had to charge her with anything.

There is also video of Beauregard tampering with evidence. Did he get in trouble for that?

Gosh DrBaker..........you have to remember, Rafe was in the "Salem FBI". Not really a mystery.
Like the Salem P.D., the local FBI office was probably a center of ineptitude (probably where the Bureau has sent its worst agents since the days of J. Edgar Hoover), but Rafe would have trained at the FBI Academy and likely served at other offices before washing up in Salem. Therefore, he'd probably have some memories of how police work should be done.

Hoover.jpg

J. Edgar Hoover: "Rafael Hernandez is now a glorified bartender?? He's a disgrace to the name of the FBI!"

Rafe being fired infuriates me. It seems a member of TPTB is not a Rafe fan and so for the past 2 years, he gets pushed further and further to the backburner. He should be the lead male character on this show, not Daniel Jonas. Not EJ Dimera. Galen Gering (Rafe) is a great actor and should be treated as such. I know I'm not the only one saying this because I've seen SOD and soap blogs repeatedly complain about this since his last breakup with Sami.

Let's hope the new writers turn this into a twist of Rafe working undercover.

Back