Really, John?

Heck, Dr. Baker went thru it all...
??????

...to have Sami be the one to call John out on what he did to Will?

What Sami did to Will was far worse, ...

When did Sami "call John out" about this?

Granted, Sami did a horrible thing and should have had to face charges for what she did, but so should John.

It's not about who did the worst thing. It's about the fact that John did NOT have to do what he did in the first place. He also could have quietly told Will what was going on, convinced him to hide out and not pulled a gun on him and held him captive. Will was in fear for his life by John, no matter John's intentions or motivations and that is all that matters.

And he explains to the goon watching his every move.....exactly what? The guy knew Will was there, and hiding him would have not done it. Will knew John fired into the air, then knocked him out, which is what he did to Paul as well. The idea was to fool the spy.........who would have killed both those boys if he found them alive.

It shouldn't have gotten to that point. John is supposed to be the hero and this is far from it. And now his great idea may end up with Steve losing his eyesight. Boo hoo John, don't feel sorry for you in the least.

I agree, he did not have to do this in the first place. He could have refused, and allowed VanDamme to immediately kill Steve, Kayla & Joey, in addition to his own family. I don't know what John was thinking....trying to save them all. Tsk, tsk.....
:sarcasm:

Since Steve's cornea is damaged, I'm guessing someone will die and Steve will get their cornea.

Well here is my idea of what may happen. Whom on the show could be scheduled to die? Steve may get a cornea transplant or eye transplant from a donor we may know or not know. Look at this point, after all these years, it may very well be the case Steve gets sight in both eyes. Seems, that this may be the plan for Steve to finally see normally. I don't want the writers job on this show, but this is the most plausible plot. Just sayin!!! :hug::) ShaSha

His one eye socket was destroyed, so unless they have a fabulous doc who can reconstruct via plastic surgery of some kind, Steve may be able to at least get a cornea transplant for the one eye, anyway........

I agree, he did not have to do this in the first place. He could have refused, and allowed VanDamme to immediately kill Steve, Kayla & Joey, in addition to his own family. I don't know what John was thinking....trying to save them all. Tsk, tsk.....
:sarcasm:
Sarcasm or not, I don't think anyone is suggesting that John should have let anyone be killed. He is not a stupid man; he could have figured out a way around what he was ordered to do, and stopped Pamela in the process.

I don't think Steve needs to worry about his eye(s). He's lived in Salem long enough to know that the Salem water makes scars disappear, brings dead people back from who-knows-where, and regrows amputated limbs, among with other great and wondrous things. A little thing like a cornea or an eye socket should be a piece of cake, even with Dr. Daniel Jonas gone....for now.

For all we know, Pamela's corneas were put on ice for just such an emergency.

But......Pamela wanted Steve dead immediately. John did think on his feet, saying there would be too many questions, better if it appears as if it was natural. THAT was to buy time. He got hold of Billie, and the antidote research was on. So, o.k. he administered the poison slowly, in small doses. When he decided he just could not continue, and smashed the vial, bingo, the guy following him appeared. Yep, he will kill Steve, his family, John, too & his family unless John goes thru.

Hey, I did not like it, most viewers did not. (if you cannot tell by my avatar, I am a huge Patch fan, lol)

O.K. he did not know there would be consequences, even with the antidote. But Kayla was deaf once upon a time, and regained her hearing, and as you noted, Salem water is fabulous. Heck, even those who have transplanted livers, hearts, etc. never even have to take anti-rejection meds. Bullet holes heal without scars, as do knife wounds, and all the other medical miracles that occur in Salem.

Question is, :huh: who will bite the dust for Steve to get his sight back? Any thoughts? ShaSha

Since Steve's cornea is damaged, I'm guessing someone will die and Steve will get their cornea.
If only Dr. McScruffy was still alive. He could whip up Steve a spiffy, brand-new cornea out of some type of organic material and they insert it into Steve's eye using a Swiss Army knife while the Patch Man reclined on the Johnson kitchen table.

Abe has had a cornea transplant, and if I remember right, it came from Zack. Is it possible to do one from a live donor? Never heard of it.........just curious.

Too bad both Van Damme and her thug are both dead for a few days, so nothing can come from them. If that will do the trick for Steve, maybe it will be a stranger???

If only Dr. McScruffy was still alive. He could whip up Steve a spiffy, brand-new cornea out of some type of organic material and they insert it into Steve's eye using a Swiss Army knife while the Patch Man reclined on the Johnson kitchen table.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Yes, Abe got Zack's corneas after they removed him from life support (and Claire got his liver).

But......Pamela wanted Steve dead immediately. John did think on his feet, saying there would be too many questions, better if it appears as if it was natural. THAT was to buy time. He got hold of Billie, and the antidote research was on. So, o.k. he administered the poison slowly, in small doses. When he decided he just could not continue, and smashed the vial, bingo, the guy following him appeared. Yep, he will kill Steve, his family, John, too & his family unless John goes thru.

Hey, I did not like it, most viewers did not. (if you cannot tell by my avatar, I am a huge Patch fan, lol)

O.K. he did not know there would be consequences, even with the antidote. But Kayla was deaf once upon a time, and regained her hearing, and as you noted, Salem water is fabulous. Heck, even those who have transplanted livers, hearts, etc. never even have to take anti-rejection meds. Bullet holes heal without scars, as do knife wounds, and all the other medical miracles that occur in Salem.

The fact is, John could have told Steve and they could have faked his illness and death. We've seen them doing Black Patch business behind closed doors so there was opportunity.

While we do joke about the Salem water, John never showed any consideration of the possibility that Steve could end up having real problems from the poison that he really knew nothing about. He should give his cornea and be blind in one eye. He is now garbage.

It was mentioned on the show that VanDamme had access to hospital records, tests, etc. Don't know how they could have faked with so much being watched, spied on, etc.

Because if that could have worked, John would have done it, guarantee. And THAT is a fact!

Oh, I know all that......Heck, Dr. Baker went thru it all.

As noted in an earlier post, a person using the defense of duress has to show that he/she was in immediate danger of serious harm. Thus, John would have to show that van Damme had a gun pointed at him when he dosed Steve's drink with poison. In Salem, people take a broader view of things. In their opinion, the deadly van Damme had all the resources of the all-powerful ISA behind her, which meant that resistance or trickery by John would have quickly doomed not only Steve, but also Kayla, Joey, and eventually Little Trippy.

Back