SPOILER !! Recast Teen

I know....but JJ would never have connected Jean with Jeannie Donovan back then. Heck, he probably had never even seen her. Plus, they are not related at all.

I think it was to keep the viewers in the dark, not JJ. Those who hadn't read spoilers had no idea she was Jeannie.

I think it was to keep the viewers in the dark, not JJ. Those who hadn't read spoilers had no idea she was Jeannie.
Jean just doesn't seem to be a young person's name to me. I have only ever known middle aged to seniors named Jean. Kind of like Linda LOL! If you are a fan of Kimmie Schmidt, there is an episode where there is a baby named Linda and everyone thought that was weird because everyone only knew older woman named Linda and Lindas work in HR.

Titus decides he is going to get to the bottom of this and talks to 5 women in HR named Linda to find out if they were always named Linda or did it change to Linda somewhere along the way. One woman says she didn't start out life as a Linda but changed her name to Linda so she could get more jobs in HR. LOL! My favourite episode.

On Days, Theresa was named after Shane's mother, Jeannie. And it really is Jeannie, not just Jean.

When I was a kid, names like Emma, Rose, Sophia, Violet, Ava, Madeline, Hazel, Abigail, etc. were "old fashioned", but now they're all popular again.

I wonder if in 20-30 years, there will be a new generation of Linda, Lori, Lisa, Kimberly, Peggy, Janet, Patricia, Elaine, Denise, Rita, Rhonda, Karen, Carol, Nancy, Frances, etc?

Muzz, a few years ago, I was in a store and heard a mother calling her daughter (a little girl) and her name was Linda. I was surprised, because like you said, you don't hear the name much on anybody under 40-50 years old these days.

Names go in cycles apparently. Just look at old family trees. Then along come the very odd names , or put together names (i.e. like Katlin, )

And actually, I know 2 gals in their low 20s named Jean. LOL

It drives me nuts when people make up crazy names, or blend two names that don't go together. Like, gee, we like the name Carrie and we like the name Sami, so let's call our kid Carami.

There's a child in our church who has the most bizarre name. Everybody mispronounces it (and misspells it) and the parents get so mad. I'm sorry, but you've doomed your kid to a lifetime of that by making up such a weird name.

Back