SPOILER !! Returning Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you, oldsoapie. Loved Chandler Massey's portrayal, but Guy Wilson's bothered me. I guess his Will seemed too needy and snarky to me. I guess it comes down to the directors' and the actors' interpretations of how the character should be. I'm sure there are just as many people who preferred each of the Wills for whatever reason.

JS - I hate those sites. Yep, they get more advertising money every time someone goes to their sites. Those pennies add up to a lot of dollars each year.

JS - I hate those sites. Yep, they get more advertising money every time someone goes to their sites. Those pennies add up to a lot of dollars each year.
The ones that really annoy me are stupid "articles" people share on social media. The ones that will say "OMG, you won't believe what X-Y-Z Superstar just did or said!" Or, "You won't believe what happened next when this dad confronted his son!" :angry:

But, back to Days and the return of Will, I'm glad Chandler Massey is returning. I liked his version of Will better than any of the other grown-up Wills.

'
Saw a thing on Pinterest about Will's return with the title "Will's Shocking Return Explained; Imposter Murdered."
LOL, ahhh, yes...grain of salt for sure.

And have we not had enough "imposters" murdered already. Seems it was done to Stefano (who was being held prisoner), Rafe, (yes, his imposter was killed in prison) and very recently to Aiden.

Just an aside, but recovering from plastic surgery takes a long, long time, so always amazes me that it is portrayed as tho the instigator got someone, plus a doc, and in a few weeks........Voila! Ha

What always cracks me up about the imposter storylines is most times, they sleep with someone. You mean to tell me their significant others can't tell the difference between the sheets?? And for all the plastic surgery, do they recreate every freckle, scar, line, wrinkle on the body, from the neck to the toes?

I have an old book, Deceptions by Judith Michael. It was made into a mini-series with Stefanie Powers. It's about twin sisters who switch places. One is an American housewife. The other is a Lady in England, who owns a ritzy antiques boutique. When the housewife is in England pretending to be the Lady, she cancels a hair appointment because she says while no one can tell the difference in their faces, a hair stylist would instantly know her hair had been cut by someone else.

Sooooo, a lover can't tell the difference in bed, but the girl at Super Cuts can?! :rotfl:

If they go with an imposter Will was murdered by Ben, I wonder at what point they'll say the real Will was switched out with the imposter? The entire time Guy Wilson played Will? Or maybe when Will returned from California?

What always cracks me up about the imposter storylines is most times, they sleep with someone. You mean to tell me their significant others can't tell the difference between the sheets?? And for all the plastic surgery, do they recreate every freckle, scar, line, wrinkle on the body, from the neck to the toes?

Yeah, that had always bothered me in the past. I remember in the 80's when John first appeared as a brainwashed Roman, and the producers had to convince the audience Marlena wouldn't see the physical difference between Drake Hogestyn and Wayne Northrop. I chalked it up to simple recasting and accepted it at first. But when Wayne Northrop returned as Roman, revealing John to be the imposter, and the two guys stood side-by-side, that's when I thought, "Okay, this is unbelievable that Marlena, a very smart and pragmatic character, couldn't see the obvious physical differences between these two men."

Now, I treat ALL imposter stories since then as ways the show can simply rewrite or totally negate stories in the past that don't work towards the current narrative.

Will DID cheat on Sonny, though, with two different men. Unless TPTB can show me differently, on screen, that's what I'm going with. :)
My memory is fuzzy on this. Are you talking about the first guy Will kissed that Sonny witnessed & his affair with Paul? Were there others? I didn't watch all the Guy Wilson (Will) stuff. Were there other one-night stands when he portrayed the character?

Last edited by a moderator:
My memory is fuzzy on this. Are you talking about the first guy Will kissed that Sonny witnessed & his affair with Paul? Were there others? I didn't watch all the Guy Wilson (Will) stuff. Were there other one-night stands when he portrayed the character?
Will slept with Paul and also admitted to Sonny that he slept with someone while in California with Sami and the kids.

Chandler never said he was returning as Will.only that he was returning to Days.

EW exclusively reported Chandler Massey's return as Will Horton, and even quoted the actor saying "I am so excited to be bringing Will back to Salem."

Last edited by a moderator:
Newly created flashbacks? Memories? Dreams?

@Stringfellow.......Will admitted cheating on Sonny while out in CA. Sonny was getting upset because Will never called, answered e-mails, & was always "so busy" when Sonny would call him.

Then, when Will finally returned home, and was doing the interview with Paul, he purposely took off his wedding ring, never told Paul he was married, and of course Paul had no idea Will & Sonny were together. So, Will again cheated on Sonny.

Will slept with Paul and also admitted to Sonny that he slept with someone while in California with Sami and the kids.
Okay, I did have a vague recall of that after I wrote my earlier post, just wasn't sure about it. It will be easy to write off all the cheating stories if Guy Wilson's Will is made to be an imposter. But I suppose that will be up to TPTB to make that a possible reality.

OK, I figure it's another situation like Fake-Rafe. It's a Stefano thing, only either it was perpetrated by Stefano, or by EJ.

After all, if there are people who think that EJ is still alive (I kinda do, via whatever crazy drug or procedure that Stefano's mad scientists came up with), then it's not a far stretch that Will is still alive too via the same methodology.

Fake Will would more likely be an Andre thing.

I remember being so happy Matt Ashford was returning as Jack........only to eventually see that he was just in the imagination/daydreams of Jennifer for several episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back