Returning character's storyline.

Even if I did have infertility struggles and even if I had attempted IVF previously so my eggs were available, I'd be FURIOUS if my partner decided to stick them in his ex as a surrogate without consulting me first. Absolutely furious.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't be happy about a baby, don't get me wrong, and I think Nicole would be thrilled if someone handed her a baby, any baby, and said "No really, you get to keep this one!" but that wouldn't detract from my anger that I wasn't part of the decision making process here. No way would I be considering Daniel a saint for making those choices without asking first. But then that's something Daniel would totally do.

Pure speculation, of course.

I really hope there's a point to having Chloe having a baby at this point. (personally I believe that she doesn't deserve or need another one, but I'm not the one making these type of calls, so...) Actually, if Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe) has already had a son in real life, does that mean that Chloe might wind up having another son too? Assuming that the producers might have her actual kid play Chloe's new baby?

Last edited by a moderator:
I will throw up if it's a surrogate for Daniel and Nicole. Enough propping up that supposed saint! Nicole should have a child but that would be such a convoluted disrespectful storyline. That makes me think Days just might do it.

I think the writer's feel that Nicole would be harder to write for as a mother then the way she is now and has been. Her character always gets the wrong end of the stick but manages to work her way out of everything.

I also will vomit if Chloe is the surrogate to Daniel and Nicole please NO! We mourned Daniel enough in fact for awhile I been hoping that paternity test results would end up revealing Philip is Parker's father really and not Daniel. Sadly that may not happen ever. Philip to me is the best choice baby daddy wise for a lot of story conflict for Chloe's initial return. At least her return won't be as lame as plenty of other returns on Days.

So, if we need conflict and chaos in the storyline (ha!)......

Having Brady's baby would cause some chaos in the world of Brady/Theresa/Tate as well as with Victor. Brady and Chloe do have history. And, Brady has Daniel's heart, so somehow they may say the two children are even further linked.

Having Rafe's baby would cause some chaos in multiple places. Could make for some interesting storylines. Of course, I am still holding out for a Sami / Rafe reunion, but I digress. It would be really wonderful to let Rafe raise a child. And, the Hernandez clan seem to be the only family who is somewhat cohesive right now. We did get at least one family dinner scene, so I guess that counts!

Having Eric's baby could work, but to me, only if the character would be returning. I think Greg Vaughan (former Eric) and Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe) would make a stunning on-screen couple. Could be conflict with his addiction / recovery, his family, his incarceration, etc.

I am not so keen on the surrogate for Nicole / Dan idea. I would much prefer that Nicole find Daniel Rafael through twists and turns. There could be such potential in that type of storyline. Please, please just let Daniel rest in peace so that all of us may have peace, too!

Of course, there is always room in town for another Maggie egg-baby, right? :eek: Just kidding. Truly, just kidding!

It seems like the timing is off for most of the men in Salem to be the daddy of Chloe's baby if it happened naturally. The only guy I remember her interacting with when she came to town for Daniel's funeral was Philip at that scene in the pub with Belle(which was cut:angry:). Shawn had left for Maine and had not returned, Daniel had been killed in the car accident, and Eric and Brady were in the hospital. Rafe was too much in Hope's business, and Lucas is never around.

The only logical choice is Philip, which meant he would have cheated on Belle. But since this is Days, it will probably be something unrealistic. I'm really afraid it may be a case of her carrying a baby for Daniel and Nicole. As another poster mentioned, if the writers want Nicole to have a child, I would rather she find Daniel Rafael than that scenario. Let's move on from the Tan one and focus on other stories.

Now, if they want to hook Lucas up with Chloe and give him another child (that is not Sami's), I would be all for him having hooked up with Chloe if he and Adrienne were on a break at that time. It would give him some much needed story, as I think Justin and Adrienne will eventually reunite anyway.

My only issue with them finding Daniel Rafael (can we just call him Danny?) is that because almost all the other kids have been SORAS'ed this year to teenagehood, he'd be what, 15? I want Nicole to have the unconditional love of her own baby/toddler/young child, not the emotional angst and wailing about being given away - which is what we'd get with a pubescent Danny.

Actually, if Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe) has already had a son in real life, does that mean that Chloe might wind up having another son too? Assuming that the producers might have her actual kid play Chloe's new baby?
It's highly doubtful, as movies and TV shows prefer to use twins and triplets to play babies/toddlers due to the strict laws regarding the amount of time they can be on stage and in front of the cameras. Very few shows/movies use "singletons" to play babies/toddlers.

It seems like the timing is off for most of the men in Salem to be the daddy of Chloe's baby if it happened naturally.
Timing never stopped the writers before. John spawned Paul at a time when it could not have been possible. The same goes for Bo being Zack's dad. The most outlandish of all, of course, is that Daniel was conceived by a method that had not even been invented at the time.

"Logic" and "Salem, USA" should never be used in the same scenario. :)

If Philip is the baby daddy, I am so going to relish the karma that Belle's going to suffer with Philip cheating on her with another woman. Serves her right for messing around on Shawn and now the guy that supposedly loves her might end up doing the same to her. Besides, it's not like they were actually exclusive at the time, right?

Well, I just thought since it appears that the actress's real life pregnancy is going to be written into the show then maybe it'll save them a ton of money if they cast her real life son to play her baby. Just a thought. Whatever the case, I have a feeling that Chloe's child may turn out to be a girl because the last two babies born were male.

Wouldn't really save them any money by having Nadia Bjorlin's (Chloe) real baby play her onscreen baby, since they'd still have to pay the child's salary, the on-stage supervisor for the baby, a nurse (which is required), a baby-wrangler, etc. Plus, it's too difficult to use single babies since they are limited to only a few minutes on the stage and before the cameras.

Also, doesn't matter the sex of the baby born; girl babies play boy babies, and vice versa on many occasions. Girl twins played Zack Brady for awhile. One of the triplets who played infant EJ was a girl. And one of the twins who played baby Abby was a boy.

Wonder if we'll see a newly created flashback of Philip and Chloe having a hook-up when she came to Salem for Daniel's funeral?

That to me sounds like absolutely the most logical speculation regarding Chloe's pregnancy. Philip arrived on-screen just right after Chloe left town after Daniel's funeral. They could easily shoot a flashback scene with Philip in town seeing Chloe crying and upset...and well not the first time Chloe and Philip got intimate with each other in a emotional state.

There is some speculations about Belle and Shawn all over who knows maybe Philip did cheat on Belle which could cause the end of that unsavory union.

My only issue with them finding Daniel Rafael (can we just call him Danny?) is that because almost all the other kids have been SORAS'ed this year to teenagehood, he'd be what, 15?

Parker and Arianna were not SORAS'ed with the latest group of SORASing. Danny would fall between them in age. He would not be an infant, but he would be about 3-4 right now.

Also, doesn't matter the sex of the baby born; girl babies play boy babies, and vice versa on many occasions. Girl twins played Zack Brady for awhile. One of the triplets who played infant EJ was a girl. And one of the twins who played baby Abby was a boy.

Currently, the twins playing baby Thomas right now are girls.

I hope it isn't "Bryce's" who is a fake name for someone in Salem from speculation. IF that were the case I would bet definitely it is no male on-screen currently who is the father. Which is why I rather that NOT play it that way lol nooooo like Chloe being Daniel and Nicole's surrogate say no. Let's do some ideas to cause conflict and juice, the kind of juice we can keep down in our stomachs and want more.

...and for the record,I know very well Chloe's pregnancy is being written into the storyline. I was referring to the conversation about baby daddy, and surrogate being stated as FACT when there is Nothing about Chloe's storyline that has been revealed.
I don't think anyone stated that as fact. We are all speculating on how Chloe became pregnant and there are multiple scenarios which lead to that end including a possible surrogacy storyline. This whole thread is speculation which is why I started it as I thought we could flesh out some ideas.

Back