Returning character's storyline.

I like the idea of Eric being a possible father. They can easily retcon a hookup between him and Chloe offscreen. It could be a "gift" he leaves for Nicole since he feels he took Daniel from her.

As for singletons, Kirsten Storms (ex-Belle) has been using her own daughter on General Hospital and Heather Tom uses her own son on Bold and the Beautiful. Judi Evans (Adrienne) also did it years ago. So it's not unheard of. Remember Lauren Boles (ex-Ciara) was a toddler when she started too.

Lucas? Assuming they find where they've parked him... wasn't he married to Chloe at one point?

Edited to add, Katherine Kelly Lang's child played baby Eric Junior (Rick) on B&B back in the day too.

I like the idea of Eric being a possible father. They can easily retcon a hookup between him and Chloe offscreen. It could be a "gift" he leaves for Nicole since he feels he took Daniel from her.

As for singletons, Kirsten Storms (ex-Belle) has been using her own daughter on General Hospital and Heather Tom uses her own son on Bold and the Beautiful. Judi Evans (Adrienne) also did it years ago. So it's not unheard of. Remember Lauren Boles (ex-Ciara) was a toddler when she started too.
No, it's not unheard of, but usually not done. And with Days having the one-take rule, it's easier to have 2 or 3 babies on deck for a scene.

The Disney show, Good Luck Charlie used one baby to play Charlie. They said when they did her scenes, they were super prepared ahead of time. Plus, they weren't limited to only one take.

Good Luck Charlie used 1 kid for Charlie's little brother Toby as well.

Guess they figured if it worked for Charlie, they'd do it again for Toby!

I know, maybe the reason the baby's dad is a surprise to the viewers is that it really is Bryce, and that is his real name, and he and Chloe have separated, and there are currently no plans to have him on screen at all. That would be a surprise to us, the viewers.

Summer spoilers are out and they say she and Philip have been together while she was away, and that she's got an important secret.

Far out, they aren't cagey with the spoilers! They've just given us the whole story basically!

Edit: Source is DaysFan28 on Twitter.

I knew it was Philip and I'm glad because any other Salem man to be Chloe's baby's father would make absolutely NO sense unless Daniel off screen cheated on Nicole with Chloe. I think fans would be outraged if that happened not because of cheating but because would cause more Daniel praising ugh! Besides with Belle and Shawn leaving and Deimos to be assumed dead Philip would need a storyline.

Though now I cannot wait to see the reactions of Kate and Victor finding out they have a new grandchild! Expect to see a lot of witty grouchy insults directed at Chloe by Victor and the overuse of the W word I am sure! What would surprise me even more by the writers is if Victor actually worked with Chloe despite disliking her like Nicole to bring down Kate taking over the Kiriakis fortune.

Note that SOD did NOT say Philip was the father, only that Chloe and Philip have been seeing one another. For all we know he was two timing Belle all along too.

I'm wondering about that too, Heather. It might be to just throw us off, knowing that she and Philip were "together" and then just assuming he's the father of her baby, which she is presumably keeping secret for now.

So, I got to thinking after reading a little blurb from a blind item, from I think Serial Scoop, that said something to the effect of: a returning character's storyline was changed from what was originally planned (story involving 3 characters from her past) to a storyline involving a former rival and mysterious man. My speculation is that this item is about Chloe and she was to be involved in story with Belle, Shawn, and Philip (or perhaps Brady) and instead will be involved in the Nicole/Deimos situation. Now that it's been spoiled that she and Philip were together at some point and knowing that Deimos was involved in the thing with Philip's troubles in Chicago with that gal that overdosed in his hotel room I'm wondering if Chloe and Deimos had some sort of tryst and he is the father of her baby! See, that would be shocking and yet still fit in with story that currently exists and/or has already played out onscreen.

Sparkster if that really is the case I hope Chloe was drowning her sorrows and in not in sound mind when it happened with Deimos. There could be something though as Chloe is in Chicago and Philip as well as Deimos happened to be in Chicago too. Though the dark hair and blue eyes who knows perhaps Deimos saw another Helena doppleganger in Chloe as well. I don't like it but Chloe could always challenge Kate for Deimos' fortune.

I just thought perhaps Chloe's storyline might have been changed to accomodate the actress's real life pregnancy.

When was Deimos in Chicago?

Most of the time Chloe was living in Chicago, Philip was there as well, until he recently returned to Salem. But Deimos was in prison.

We don't know for sure that Deimos came straight from prison to Salem. He did know about Philip's Chicago activities, more than likely by having people watch him. With the way things go in Salem, the writers could easily throw in that Deimos was in Chicago before coming to Salem.

Last edited by a moderator:
NikkiFan see as Poirot corrected me Deimos was in prison while Philip was in Chicago in which I forgot. Sadly I am not a writer lol and the writers being paid seem to forget storylines they had written themselves months before. :rotfl:

The actress was already showing when they announced she was back and taping, so I guess they decided to go with it rather than hide it behind giant handbags and trench coats?

Back