Rumor/Speculation (new character)

Right now, this kid would be younger than Joey!
Kayla was pregnant with Joe when she caught Steve and Ava in bed, so a child of that encounter would be several months younger than Joe. It doesn't matter, though, because we know that dates, ages and time frames don't count for anything in Salem.

True.........and this definitely could be just an attempt by his mother to call attention to a fellow who could possibly fit into the teen scene, but not as the character in the clip.

Thanks Jason47 for confirming there has been no casting call for this character.

Not only that, but, when I think about it, I saw a couple of audition tapes from when they recast Abby several years ago. The dialogue really had nothing to do with story, although of course it related to Days. The actress was supposed to be interacting with her mother, Jennifer. (These clips were not seen until AFTER the show hired the recast...which I believe was Kate Mansi. This was several years ago)

Usually these videos end up on YouTube only if the actor didn't get the part.

I thought Mary Beth Evans (Kayla) was the one reading with him?

Well, I had not seen any either, and I actually went looking all over for one.

I don't think that was Mary Beth reading with him, I was under the impression it was his mother. But, I have no idea who it was. In the past, when I saw audition clips, it was the casting director, or some unidentified person who was feeding the lines. No idea...

The fact that is now private answers our question right there at least to me they have something to hide. We could use another male I suppose and they can go the "Cain and Abel" route between Joey and this Tripp character. Though Joey is pretty beat up already his character needs major revival not more drama.

Back