Run Melanie Run

SarahBeth

Reaction score
I am so glad Melanie didn't just say yes to Brady's proposal and saw it for what it was; something that would not have happened before the near death by Kristen and discovery of the baby, since they both agreed taking it slow was the right way to go.

Brady's proposal was all about himself, what he wanted and what he stood to lose. Did he bother to consider whether Melanie would even want to date someone who already has children. He didn't even give her a moment to digest the idea before he stuck a huge rock in her face and sprung a proposal on her.

Run Melanie, run. Run as far away from Brady as you can get. As he once again demonstrates how little impulse control he has. He's an addict. He is prone to whatever addiction or obsession he can find whether it's drugs, alcohol, sex, falling in love, etc. And that in itself is a huge issue in and of itself that Melanie doesn't need to be saddled with.

I agree with what you are saying, sarabeth. :) But just wanted to add that even those people like Brady who have these addictions still need that someone who will always be there for them and be a person of strong character and love. Sadly......Melanie is not this person........she has to be weaned from the soother and learn to speak properly first. :)

Well I just have to ask. Why in the hell did Brady ask Aiden to meet him and Melanie at Melanie's home? Melanie just told him to put the ring back in his pocket because they decided to take things slow. So she is for all intents and purposes just the girlfriend. Her input with the lawyer is unnecessary and has no real bearing on anything. So Brady should have just met Aiden at his office.

Yeah, he did call after the confrontation which was also after the blown proposal so he should have just met Aiden at his office and not included Melanie.

I don't think it's uncommon for a significant other to be included in a family law conversation with a lawyer. Melanie had Brady's approval to be there. It's really his decision as to who attends the meeting.

His decision, yeah but it's just another in a string of bad decisions. He's a dimwit. They have only been dating a short time. He wants to marry her already, which would have been his 4th engagement in as many years. She said "it's way too soon to go there". So she may be his other but she doesn't qualify as a significant other. Going slow doesn't mean attending and speaking in legal meeting about his child.

I don't think Melanie is right for Brady BUT he deserves to find love and be happy. The problem is the writers keep killing every good woman he has had. (Arianna Hernandez and Madison James)

deleted spoiler info in non-spoiler forum - JS

Even if Melanie and Brady don't work out as a couple they will always be friends. Before they got involved, they were BFFs, so they can always go back to being that.

edited to add punctuation and for clarity - do not write your posts as one long, run-on sentence - JS

I don't think Melanie is right for Brady BUT he deserves to find love and be happy. The problem is the writers keep killing every good woman he has had. (Arianna Hernandez and Madison James)

deleted spoiler info in non-spoiler forum - JS

I'll disagree slightly--I never liked Arianna. She was a hypocrite and just plain rude. As for Madison, she was great for Brady, but many viewers agreed that their relationship lacked spice. That was the fault of the writers though. I wouldn't mind seeing him back with Nicole or Chloe, but have been wanting Taylor to return for him---they had chemistry during that July 2011 kiss they shared.

I'm glad the engagement won't work. Brady is too old for Melanie, and while they've built their relationship around friendship for many years, it's awkward, just as it was when they considered putting him with Melanie in 2011 while she was dating Dario. He's friends with her father, and frankly, he has no chemistry with Melanie.

STOP quoting post that is above your own post - you've been told about this repeatedly - JS

I will agree with you on the fact that Brady is too old for Melanie and they probably should have never have gotten together in the first place.

Back