Sami/Rafe

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Many viewers have not been happy with Sami's return this past month, what she says, has done, etc. Many viewers have not been pleased at all with the pairing of Hope & Rafe. And vice versa......there are those who were happy to see Sami back in town, and those who liked the Rafe/Hope coupling.

And now Sami's family, especially her son, have all told her to get lost, while Rafe & Hope had a showdown at last over her reluctance to actually marry Rafe, it all hit the fan. And so the ex-husband & wife manage to run into each other in the square (not hard when it is so empty) she cries on his shoulder, he tells of breaking it off with Hope, and these two miserable people evidently feel that their "poor me, pity me" lives now deserve a romp in the sack with each other. Seems to be a fav thing of Sami's.

O.K. I really do understand this happening. They were married, she cheated, they got divorced, Rafe doesn't hold a grudge, and they both are looking for some comfort, and feel more or less safe with who they are with at the moment. But does the days's events for each of them warrant falling into bed. O.K. Sami has been "without" a long time now, but still. Even if Rafe was married to her, he was engaged to her aunt (by marriage) just a few hours ago.

So.....how do YOU feel about this unexpected, spontaneous night of sex between Sami & Rafe? What do you think will happen later?

I am not surprised by the outcome. It appears that since it is a soap that is the only way for folks to do things in Salem.

But, it angers me. As if this is the ONLY way, that sex is not something special. I'd much rather watch them both eat a pint of ice cream and cry over some sappy movie. Or go to a bar and drink and play a really bad game of pool or darts.

Can you imagine what would have happened with Jennifer and Jack in this current decade of sex minutes after actually meeting?

I liked Sami & Rafe in the past.

That's where they belong. I have no use for Sami now and this will be grist for his relationship with Hope it didn't need. Dare I hope they shall never reunite?

Furthermore - I can't believe Rafe didn't walk out when Sami said she did everything to keep her kids safe (like marry her rapist, who TORTURED her daughter, and mentally abused their kids!?!?) and when she pined on about same.

It is very apparent at end of show what is going on. I do wish Rafe had left Sami to ponder what she did to her son. But he had his problems, so just mindless sex.

The only reason for their actions is probably the aftermath to come. Soaps, well, Days anyway, seems to love secrets and have them come out.

But while I did like the Sami/Rafe pairing of a few years back.....this is not what I want for Rafe. ESPECIALLY after what Sami did.

I think it's a soapy twist and as someone who has not been a fan of Rafe/Hope, this week has by far been the most interesting I've ever seen them. And not because they broke up but because they had actual believable conflict.

Now, I was also a big fan of Sami/Rafe back in the day. I've always thought he was her best pairing. I was heartbroken when she cheated on Rafe but I was happy when they briefly reunited before the Gabi/Nick wedding. Then I was heartbroken again when they broke up. But old habits die hard. I think it's common knowledge that Sami obviously has to leave at some to go back to her life and kids. So I realize this is likely just temporary angst for Hope and Rafe. But I feel cheated that Sami and Rafe never had a baby together while married so if this probable romp leads to that and Rafe finally has a kid of his own, I'll take it.

It wouldn't be a soap if a guy wasn't married to someone while having a kid with his wife's niece.

I've always wondered why they didn't bring Jordan back at least for a short stint, considering all the issues with Ben and Clyde. I would even accept a recast in the role.

Let's not go overboard with Sami/Rafe. Pity sex, definitely yes. It happens. What else can I say, but let's move on. ShaSha

Kind of hard to do if one doesn't have the mag......LOL

Back