Sami/Rafe

I agree, she did look disappointed. I think she would totally have taken him back in a hot second.

The thing is, I'm kind of torn. I liked Sami and Rafe together. He put her on an even keel, and they were nice and balanced together. I like Hope and Rafe together. They're comfortable and playful and seem good together. So, if it came down to a fight between the two of them, I would have to sit on the sidelines with popcorn and just wait for the outcome.

I liked him better with Sami than Hope. I really feel sorry for Sami. Sure she's all about Sami, but she has gone through a lot and everyone is ready to discipline her without acknowledging all the pain she herself has been through. My heart would go out to anyone in this situation.:sad: If she were here, I'd give her a hug and shoulder to cry on.

Apparently Alison Sweeney (Sami) was really good in her scene by herself. It was enough to make me feel this way.

Last edited by a moderator:
The one thing I like about Rafe and Sami, he always accepted her just as she was

In the beginning of their relationship, there was that, and Sami's response to his acceptance that made that relationship special. I had hoped maybe, just maybe, Sami had changed. But we all know the writers at the time took the story into a totally revolting direction. End of romance.

Sami is the one person who has gone through the most dead and not dead loved ones. Parents, aunt, uncles and her own child. She has no part in the cause of any of that. That is the pain that nobody has recognized or been sympathetic about. None of them has considered how that would have affected her decision and desperation for Will to remember his life. They just are chalking it up to Sami being a screw up.

Inasmuch as nearly everyone in Salem is related in some way, whoever was thought dead, but turned out not to be deceased affected them all. Not just Sami. It's a soap, and a lot of things happen to the characters. But Sami herself has caused many of the troubles in her life, because of her impulsiveness, rash decisions, bad choices. And she knows it! It WAS good to hear her admit those bad traits and more.

I agree that Sami has been through a lot and desperation makes people do desperate things. Plus most characters have had their share of good and bad moments but we put that aside as brain washing, possession, emotional manipulation, etc.

I mean look how Nicole Walker came on the scene but is now beloved or even look to character changes we see on other dramas. But I think that her family and friends are able to move past these things because they share closeness that we as viewers will not have.

But anyway, as far as Sami & Rafe, they have always been my favorite pair but I do enjoy Sami's drive & antics when she gets up to plots & plans because this is only a soap for imagination and escapism. I am just really glad that Rafe seems to have my outlook and was able to offer Sami some comfort, both physical & mental, despite her many mistakes as everyone deserves forgiveness in some way by someone.

I also appreciated how she was able to offer him comfort & support to Rafe in the Hope situation and also have caring scenes with Lucas, Will and other family members & friends. I appreciate Sami as a character because she is multifaceted rather than one note.

When they curled up together to sleep (after the sex), Sami's face looked disappointed after he had pledged his love for Hope.
Imagine how much more disappointed Sami would be if she finally tracked down EJ only to find that Rolf had brainwashed him into thinking that he was Will Horton.

Back