SOD spoilers (Week of December 5th)

I have read that supposedly, Stefano set Hope up to be on the one to end his life. Hope in particular. That "suicide by cop" theory expressed here seems to be what went down. Have no idea how "setting her up" would excuse the fact she DID pull the trigger, but perhaps there WAS something or some else?? Maybe Stefano himself was able to push a button to be shot by a hidden gun?

Am sure it will be far fetched.......whatever they find.

I don't think it changes anything from Hope's perspective. She still committed the crime and covered it up along with 2 other people. So yeah I agree what they come up with will either be a fake law of some sort or someone else pulled the trigger.

Remember the only charge she was convicted of was Murder 1. Everything else was dropped.

Yep, that was my theory a while back. He had said to Andre that he was tired of it all, that he was old, it was too much to deal with. We did see him goading Hope, constantly, calling Bo names, taunting her. Pushing all her buttons.

So now, if there is evidence that he purposely got her to come to DiMansion, planned it all........well, we will see.

Maybe Stefano didn't want to suffer any longer, and felt that Hope was the only person that he could get to end it for him. Plus he'd be sticking it to the Horton family one last time.
Yep, that was my theory too. I wonder if they will find a note or diary entry from Stefano outlining his plan. It is true that Hope still did what she did, but maybe there will be a finding of extenuating circumstances. This IS Salem after all.

Not sure how Stefano being terminally ill changes what Hope did. DrBakerFan, can you weigh in on this?
The fact thar Stefano was terminally ill changes nothing about what Hope did. The fact that he'd soon die anyway or wanted a quick death makes no difference. The bottom line is that in the eyes of the law, Hope shot Stefano with the intent to kill him. This makes her a murder. His physical condition is irrelevant.

Back