Sonny with a chance of clouds

FinchelKlaine4E

Reaction score
(I've been waiting to use something like that as a title! Anyway...)

This was put in Crystal Ball, because it has a spoiler in it.

In one of Freddie Smith's (Sonny) recent interviews, they said something to the extent of there being a mystery along with Sonny's return.

Also, I can't stop thinking about what Sonny said. "Paris wasn't as great as I made it seem." Am I paranoid, or did something happen while he was there? Or was it "not as great as he made it seem" because he was too upset over Will to enjoy it?

Plus his hostility towards Deimos is a bit out of control. I know Deimos is probably playing everyone, but he really did sound sincere about wanting peace.

Or, is my theory about Sonny being a bit jaded and having trust issues coming true? (Especially when it comes to criminals like Deimos)?

edited to write out text-speak - please remember that many posters don't text and have no idea what those abbreviations mean - JS

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the title.......good pun!!

Sonny has obviously been kept up to date on all that has been going on in Salem while he was gone.

Now, he lived at the mansion with his parents, and his uncle Vic was special to him. (And yes, I do believe that he was not enjoying life in Paris, away from family, friends, etc. And being unable to help out with the problems going on. I can imagine learning Deimos meddling with Maggie's meds, which resulted in her fall & paralysis, Uncle Vic losing titan, his home, his money...........all over something way, way in the past......did not set well with Sonny. He seems more affected than his parents though.

However, Deimos does seem sincere, Uncle Vic has got Titan back, plus half the money. Vic did not need that mansion, so good, Deimos can keep it. I just miss Henderson!!!!

Sonny has reconnected with Arianna, which to me was very important. Sonny is rid of the club, so........perhaps Titan will have a position for him, since both Brady & Phil no longer are involved with it. ?? And then, maybe Sonny will just get involved in a new company?? Or, he just may do his own little pretend game with Uncle Deimos, in order to pull the rug out from under him??? You know, payback??

And this is why we don't allow the use of text-speak.

When I Googled "OOC", I got "out of control" as the meaning. There are too many abbreviations that have different meanings, like "SMH" which we discovered can mean: shake/shaking my head, slap me hard, slap my head, shake my hand, slap my hands, etc.

:rotfl::rotfl: "slap me hard". No, it means shaking my head. Hahahaha, I've never heard it mean anything else. Sorry - those other meanings made me laugh, whoever thought they meant those things is crazy. However, I would have thought of "out of control" for OOC as well. Learn somethin' new every day! :back:

I never liked that they killed off Will. I am always secretly hoping Will somehow shows back up.

Googling SMH is what brought up all the other meanings. As one who doesn't text (and never plans to), I had no clue what it meant.

Using initials for phrases, actors, couples is very confusing, and, at times, makes a post look like gibberish. If those reading posts are unable to decipher what is meant, it is frustrating, and thus, posters will skim, ignore, etc. No one wants to have to spend time deciphering code.

Thus, we do not use that sort of shorthand here.

And I will say.....I rarely tweet for the same reason. Heck, most of the time, cannot read what is being said, so.....pointless.

edited to write out text-speak - please remember that many posters don't text and have no idea what those abbreviations mean - JS

And some of us who text regularly don't use text speech, beyond the occasional. I even use proper grammar and punctuation in my texts. Text speech tends to drive me nuts. Trying to decipher it can be frustrating. I'll go to Acronym Finder, and even narrowing it down to the category "slang, chat & pop culture" doesn't help much. For example, there are only 11 definitions under that category for both OOC and SMH. Then there is the fact that my daughter is dyslexic, and while she's reading at or above grade level now, text speak abbreviations tend to really confuse her.

Now as for Sonny and Paris, my curiosity is piqued.

I know Club TBD has always been that, so no problem. TBD, ETA, ETC have all been around since long before texting. I seriously have to think everytime I see HTS. It is used a lot in the summaries. Can't we just say they are in the Square. People should know what that means here.

But this could be "edited to add" or "estimated time of arrival", as in "what's the ETA on Hope's flight?"

This is why we want things written out here.

I am obviously too old. I was trying to make a point.

Let me be more precise: So could everyone using HTS please stop using it. It's in the summaries constantly and in many responses but no one seems to comment about it. I never see it corrected.

Also we need to stop using LOL. It seems there needs to be more consistency on what is acceptable.

About the only used abbreviations are HTS for Horton Town Square and LOL for laughing out loud. Beyond that, everything is written out.

The other issue with using initials is that some actors have the same initials. I've seen a lot of confusion on other boards where someone will say MM for example and posters can't figure out if that means Martha Madison (Belle) or Marci Miller (New Abby).

I honestly cannot remember ever using HTS.....have I really? Usually I say "the square".

LOL began years and years ago with E-mail, not with twitter.

I guess I have hit a wound. So I am done. I was not attacking anyone. Sorry you all perceived it that way

As a former educator I told my students not to use abbreviations in their writings. Yes LOL was in emails prior to texting and twitter. It was only an observation of mine but I guess I was too stilted in my words.

Your prior post was deleted because all it said was "Done", which didn't make sense. At least you explained what you were "done" with in this new post.

OK, time to get the train back on the track and talk about if anyone thinks Sonny's got some secrets from his time away from Salem.

It has never been stated what the TBD stands for.

Back