Sonny with a chance of clouds

Can anyone here tell me what TBD stands for in Club TBD? I always thought that was a lame name.

Probably when it was written in the script originally they had not named the club so it was called TBD (the standard use for that it To Be Decided/Determined). Guessing it was an inside joke and that is why it stuck and became the official name

All of that said, I have no inside information or claim to really know.

Can anyone here tell me what TBD stands for in Club TBD? I always thought that was a lame name.
I sort of recall it being a temporary name, standing for To Be Determined. After a while, it just stuck and became the official name o the club.

Oops, Moira, I should have scrolled down further. I just repeated what you said. Sorry about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. was just going to post the same thing, Moira....the writers just could not think up any thing - look what they named Victor's club...Ugh.
I thought we did something like Robin mentioned...thinking up names...lol

i.e. The Best Drinks.........

Last edited:
I'm glad TBD has been discussed. I always wonder what it means. The only thing that comes to my mind is, The Back Door.

I also have been a little curious about how fired up Sonny is over what has happened to Victor and Maggie. Probably as has been said, just that he'd been missing his family and wants to help them get back on track. But he did seem more engaged about it than I would have expected. I guess we'll see what we shall see.

Also we need to stop using LOL. It seems there needs to be more consistency on what is acceptable.

We do have consistency. We have rules, and we have specific exceptions. LOL is allowed because it's been around long enough, and in use with such a frequency, that it is pretty universally understood. There is another exception where abbreviations are allowed on this site.

Take HTS, for example, if we are discussing something happening in the Horton Town Square, in that thread it quickly becomes acceptable to abbreviate it to HTS. The way it really should be done is "Horton Town Square (HTS)," but we don't hold people to strict rules about that. And yes, it can be a little confusing, especially when coming back to a discussion that you've been away from for several hours, or a day or more, but it is nice to know that you can skim over the thread to find out what the abbreviation stands for.

I remember once when there was a thread about Nadia Bjorlin, the actress that plays Chloe, and people quickly began abbreviating her name as NB. That was allowed, by site rules, because it had already been established, in that thread, that NB was Nadia Bjorlin. I'd been following the discussion and had read everything there was to read on it when I logged off one day. The next day, I pulled up the discussion, and it took me a moment to realize that NB was Nadia Bjorlin and not Nickelback (one of my favorite bands). I used to hang out on the fan club site, and they often abbreviate Nickelback as NB.

But then again, I run into pretty much the same problem with the rule about not quoting the post above you. If I've been away from the discussion, sometimes I have to scroll up to find out what the person is responding to. And I run into a similar problem when talking with my youngest daughter (14) who is a huge superhero fan - both Marvel and DC. She tends to refer to superheroes by their secret identity's first name.

Most of the major characters were figured out pretty quickly, but I kept forgetting that Sam is Falcon (from The Avengers). (Now I have more trouble remembering his superhero name. *sigh*) Now, if I could just remember Ant Man's first name.... But what can be really confusing is when she talks about Bruce, and she's switching back and forth between fandoms - is she discussing Bruce Wayne (Batman) or Bruce Banner (the Hulk)? Once, I had to say "Hang on....Banner, not Wayne. Okay, continue."

I remember once when there was a thread about Nadia Bjorlin, the actress that plays Chloe, and people quickly began abbreviating her name as NB. That was allowed, by site rules, because it had already been established, in that thread, that NB was Nadia Bjorlin.
We don't allow only initials or actors' first names (or last names only) in any post. If using actors' real names, first and last names have to be typed out and their character name added behind it. There are many people who have no idea what the actors' real names are.

And for reasons you mentioned in your post, even if the initial post is about a certain actor, then subsequent posts only have their initials, first name only, last name only or nickname, if you come back at a later date, you may not remember who is being discussed. Or if you somehow miss reading the initial post.

I've watched Y&R and B&B since they both started. Beyond a few vets, I have no clue what the actors' real names are. I read another board for Y&R and B&B spoilers and it gets frustrating when I don't know who is being discussed due to initials, first names only, last names only, or nicknames (like just referring to Alison Sweeney/Sami as Ali, for an example).

I guess I hadn't noticed that the rules have been tightened up, because this is the only Days discussion board I have ever followed and my example about the NB confusion came from here. But it was a few years ago.

But Moria is right, HTS is used semi regularly.

Gee, perhaps I should change the thread title to "Acronyms: What A Menace!", since that's all you guys talk about in this thread. :sarcasm:

Sonny with a chance of Paul. I wonder when that will happen, after ghostly tropical storm Will gives his blessing? :wink:

My guess is that since Sonny and Paul are the only two gay men in Salem, they will end up reuniting. Not like there's a big dating pool for them to swim in.

I liked that Sonny asked about Derek....& I think there is Henry who is gay (the fellow to whom Paul gave some advice).

So here is the thing to me. I don't care who is gay, who is not. People can be friends, close friends no matter their gender, sexual orientation, age, likes, dislikes, what movies they they like to watch, TV shows that interest them, hobbies, sports, clothes....even political views. That was apparent for Sonny before he & Will got together,

I do think Sonny is out to undermine Deimos.

I think he doesn't care if Deimos has extended an olive branch, & Vic has sort of accepted it. The fact remains that Deimos caused Maggie's accident, not intentionally, but she could have died because of his tampering with her medication. He had Victor give him everything in exchange for the antidote. That was huge, absolutely huge, and Victor never hesitated. I give Vic a great deal of credit. for that.

But Deimos, perhaps won't be expecting ol nice, well mannered Sonny to cause any kind of problem. LOL

Speculation Only If the show decides to resurrect Will, they would almost certainly be after Sonny and Paul reconcile. It would probably be after the two decide to get married - at the wedding. Speculation Only

That seems to be the way the show likes to handle things. That would provide the most drama, even if it's been done to death on soaps.

Back