Stefano/Hope

The movie "Seven" with Kevin Spacey is one of my favorite movies (yes, I am a little warped), so I am mad that I didn't recognize this - it seems perfect that Stefano would enrage Hope enough to kill him and YES, get his revenge on the family. That would be his perfect swan song - to have Hope convicted of his murder, so now I am convinced that is the plan. It just remains to be seen if Hope's lawyer, whoever it is (but I am pretty sure it will be Belle) can get her off with temporary insanity, which I am also pretty sure she will be able to do, once Hope gets help in the psychiatric facility we saw casting notes for.

NBC says Joe Mascolo (Stefano) is gone???????? I hope not, I love Joe as Stefano.

"Lurch" as what Hope called the tall, dark, and handsome guy with Andre leaving with him could have been the one who shot Stefano on Andre's orders to frame Hope.

There was a spoiler that Andre becomes suspicious of Hope. Perhaps he made it appear as if Hope really did kill Stefano, and grows leery about Stefano's sudden disappearance. Which could lead me to believe Andre could have been all along behind Bo's kidnapping. Getting Hope thrown in jail for life is the best answer to his problems.

That is what I meant about him goading Hope like that. Coward that Stefano is (remember, others always did his dirty work for him) he figured his one last brilliant move, the culmination of his vendetta against the Brady family. Bo is dead, so Hope is the target. Make sure she will spend the rest of her life in jail, or even get the death penalty herself.
Some people will think that Hope should get a medal and a parade for this!!

We really do not know who killed Malcolm. If it was on orders from Stefano/Andre', which is the more likely, then, sure, Andre' would know any story Hope told of killing him herself is false, so she has to be covering up something else. However, Deimos is arriving soon, and may have been in Salem for a while already. Now, he might have gotten interested in just what his brother was funding down there is South America, made it his business to get the facts, & Malcolm was killed for trying to rat him out.
If that was how it went, don't know how Andre' would figure out anything.

The fact is, Bo WAS held prisoner, tortured, etc. for a long, long time. That definitely is Stefano's M.O. Probably Andre's, as well.
And heck, after Caroline got the serum, maybe that is when Deimos stepped into the picture. Heck, he could have bribed Malcolm then to give him the scoop, and still killed him when Malcolm was going to rat him out. ????

Oh Poirot, you don't watch enough gangster movies. Stefano is not a coward he is smart. Never get your own hands dirty!:rotfl:
So true, Stefano was NEVER a coward! If that's the case, then all of Salem PD are cowards as well, always trying to pin crimes on the DiMeras whether they were guilty or not. Especially Rafe and all he's done over the years, from conspiring to keep EJ's children from him, to now covering up Stefano's murder.

I don't think Deimos has anything to do with the DiMeras or Malcolm's murder. Seems his priority is coming for revenge against Victor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rafe NEVER conspired to keep EJ's children from him. But....hey, I was raised in chicago, and know all about gangsters, Mafia hits, and how the head boys get others to do their dirty work.

I was comparing Stefano, who sits at home on the phone, to Andre' who goes out and "does it himself". I still think Stefano was a coward........and no, I don't think the Salem PD are cowards. They certainly have had to put their lives on the line, put themselves in harm's way many times. And I am sure it is totally frustrating to be aware of a crime the DiMeras are responsible for, and be unable to find evidence to prove it.

Heck, in real life, we read, or see on TV documentaries, how some detectives spend 20 years on a case, or revive "cold cases" and finally get a guilty party to jail.

Well, in Stefano's case, he always was able to evade. Lucky him. He certainly enjoyed laughing at the "inept" detectives, as he sipped his brandy.

Let's see, the definition of conspire is to "make secret plans jointly to commit an unlawful or harmful act". And his is exactly what Rafe did with Sami and Nicole to keep EJ knowing about his kids. It happened that way, no denying it.

I don't see where you are from having any bearing on what one knows about the mafia, because in my opinion, unless you were actually in it, you don't know what the life is really like other than what you see on TV, whether it be in a movie or TV show, or the news. Either way, I don't compare real life to a soap opera, which is by far not real life.

Back in the day, Stefano not only gave orders, he also did do a lot of his own dirty work. I remember his fight with Roman when he went fell off that cliff. I remember him brainwashing John and many other things, that is until the actor started aging and his health starting taking it's toll, rendering him to only sitting in a chair able to give orders. Andre is no different. He does his dirty work, yes, but is also on the phone giving orders as well. That doesn't make them cowards, it's just what the way it is.

Yes, the Salem PD have done some courageous things, but they've also done some stupid, cowardly things...especially bending the law they swore to uphold. Sometimes it was warranted, and other times, it wasn't. Again, that's just the way it is.

Stefano evaded them for years because it was written that way, he couldn't get caught, else no villain for the so called good guys to have anything to fight against.

I don't have to be "IN" any group to know what went on when & whereI grew up. And I just deleted some details, because, really, it is really not anyone's business. But I will say this, I don't lie. And I know whereof I speak.

IN MY opinion, there was NO conspiracy to keep EJ's CHILDREN from him. Yes, Sami decided not to tell EJ she was pregnant with Sydney, after she saw him making out with Nicole on the DiMera sofa. She ended up in witness protection, gave birth, Nicole switched her baby so Sami ended up with Grace, who died.

As to the twins, they were always thought to be Lucas's, of course, but EJ was very persistent that one looked like him.......he was right. But I sure do hope no one ever tells Johnny his mother got pregnant with him when his father raped her.

And since this thread is supposed to be about Stefano & Hope, let's just get back to that subject. EJ is dead, Sami has left town, both no longer on the show, and I really don't care to constantly have them brought up, same old discussion.

:back:

If you will remember, Justin went to see Hope a while back and "suggested" she killed Malcolm in self defense,etc. I thought he was trying to give her an out so he should accept her confession now. Not sure how they will explain Stefano's disappearance.

Hmmm, forgot about that, soapie, you are right. Good thought.

If I were a writer for Days, I would let Stefano's exit have a twist. Since the mansion was bugged by Clyde, Stefano would have a trusted accomplice who would be listening at all times. Stefano would be behind the letter sent to Sami, after moving half of his money into hiding to access later. He would have been behind Bo's kidnapping, Hope's being framed for murder and before her gun was replaced, the bullets were switched for ones that would only slow his heart rate, not kill him.

When his "body" was dumped in the abandoned building, his accomplice would rescue him and move him to his private island. Sami is left with hope that EJ is alive, Hope is framed for two murders, Andre is penniless. As the camera spans the island, he lifts his glass in a toast to his accomplice - Kristen - and the Phoenix lives!

What I would like is for Andre to figure things out and start to toy and mess with Hope psychologically. Torturing her, making it seem that Stefano is not quite dead after all. Hope can then be sent to Bayview Sanitarium and perhaps get some shock treatments so the real Hope can return to us.

Sadly, I half expect Rafe to offer Andre a deal so he can save Hope at some point. Perhaps Rafe will offer to find the missing Dimera funds or make sure Chad is cut out of Stefano's will? I hope I'm wrong, but I can easily see Rafe digging himself a deeper hole.

This is one of those stories I hope they just change direction on, end with a quick "lampshade" moment, and then move on. Like Gabi's prison term, Rafe's badge, the Irish Inheritance, etc. (And yes I know those were all started under the last writers and ended by these, but I hope they see the error of their ways.)

Sadly, I half expect Rafe to offer Andre a deal so he can save Hope at some point. Perhaps Rafe will offer to find the missing Dimera funds or make sure Chad is cut out of Stefano's will? I hope I'm wrong, but I can easily see Rafe digging himself a deeper hole.
If Hope and Rafe could find out that Andre & Stefano were behind Aiden's attempt to kill Hope on their wedding night, they might have something to throw back at Andre. That line seems to have been forgotten. I thought it might have come up in the scene with Hope and Stefano, but no mention.

Yes, they never let the viewers EVEN SEE how Hope reacted to learning Aiden was NOT the necktie killer.

I think Victor's brother was responsible for Bo's kidnapping, and maybe Philip too. They are very interested in the syrum.

The second bullet that hit Stefano also went thru his body, and should have left a mark on the wall behind him, guess Andre didn't notice.

Back